Potassium and Fiber

Options
DJRonnieLINY
DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
Question for the group; How are you doing with Potassium and Fiber intake? What foods are you choosing that fit in well with our protein needs and capacity restrictions?

Now that I have really settled in with understanding my food intake I have noticed a Potasium and Fiber deficiency. I'd like to avoid a suppliment and am looking for dietary suggestions. I recently added some Kashi cerial back into my diet but tend to keep that to the weekend. Thoughts....

Replies

• Bubirn
    Bubirn Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Ronnie,

I know you mentioned that you like to avoid supplements but I found one that isn't bad. It's from a company called It Works. They have a product called "Greens". It is a powder that you add to water and equates to your fruit and vegetable intake for the day. It has a citrus or berry flavor and doesn't taste bad. I am 3 months since surgery but still have a volume issue so since I have to get water in anyway, I just add it in once a day.

Gerri
  • novagramma
    novagramma Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was low on potassium on my second check-up after surgery. I did not supplement, but started eating raw spinach salads every day, by the next check-up my potassium levels were back to normal. Hope this helps!
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I am adding sauteed spinach and bracoli rabe (hate raw spinach) and am looking up "Greens". Great info - appreciated.
  • clhensley75
    Options
    I second the It Works Greens. If you would like I will send you some info on them. One of my big concerns was not getting enough potassium because I have major issues with RLS and muscle cramps. The Greens make all the difference in the world!!