Snacks!!!!

Options
nking404
nking404 Posts: 73 Member
What's up insane friends!!!!!!! What's yal favorite (healthy) snack? lookin for some suggestions, something high in protein and low on carbs nothing to extravagant tho I'm still in Afghanistan lol!!! Thanks

Replies

• perrymick
    perrymick Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I tend to use apples, clementines or strawberries to snack on.

I recently bought some protein from the Protein Works, its their Naked Whey Protein 80 vanilla velvet. Mixed with 150ml of water its tastes just like a vanilla milkshake, yum yum!

Loving at least 2 of these per day at the moment :)

Due to being in Afghan though I'm not sure what you can get hold of over there mate.
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I'm no help here, I snack on a 250 calorie bag of popcorn at work.

I would do something nutty, but my son is severely allergic, so no nuts, even the oils make him break out.

My diet is better than it was, but still horrible...I still eat out a couple times a week...although I try to get the healthier options.
  • nking404
    nking404 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Haha thanks for the help guys some popcorn do sound good tho lol!!!!
  • dabucks
    dabucks Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I sometimes do a protein shake. I use rocky road whey from gold standard, some crushed ice, water, a banana, and a tablespoon of peanut butter. Tastes awesome and fills you up. I think that's about 250 - 300 calories.
  • kotersmom
    kotersmom Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My big thing is smoothies...I have a single serve blender at work and always keep stuff there to mix something up.

And I love veggies and hummus...tho it took me a bit to get used the taste and texture lol

I know you snack on tuna...I do that too...keep stocked up on that at work. I use spicy mustard or bbq sauce (yeah it's actually good) or buy the flavored stuff.
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    My big thing is smoothies...I have a single serve blender at work and always keep stuff there to mix something up.

And I love veggies and hummus...tho it took me a bit to get used the taste and texture lol

I know you snack on tuna...I do that too...keep stocked up on that at work. I use spicy mustard or bbq sauce (yeah it's actually good) or buy the flavored stuff.

Oh my, I really need to get one of those things at my work!!