I was rolling! thanks!
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    LOVE it!!!! :laugh:
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    OH, and that reaction to how bulletproof coffee would taste was spot-on for me!
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options

I haven't tried BPC yet, so I am still at the first BPC gif LOL. Maybe this weekend I'll give it a shot! Am I supposed to drink it instead of a meal or with my breakfast? I LOVE breakfast so giving it up would be hard. Could I do this before a morning workout instead of fueling with food?
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

I haven't tried BPC yet, so I am still at the first BPC gif LOL. Maybe this weekend I'll give it a shot! Am I supposed to drink it instead of a meal or with my breakfast? I LOVE breakfast so giving it up would be hard. Could I do this before a morning workout instead of fueling with food?

Generally, instead of a meal, since if you do the full recipe (with like 2+ tablespoons of MCT/coconut oil and 2+ tablespoons of butter/ghee), you're looking at a 500 calorie drink. If you don't go with that much, then you might be able to get away with having it with food, but most people find it not really necessary even at the smaller amounts of fats.

Yes, you can do it before a morning workout. It (supposedly) gives you the benefits of working out/being fasted, while still giving you fuel and not stressing your body as much as actually working out/being fasted.

The MCT oil (or coconut oil, for most people), especially, is basically jet fuel for the body. Medium chain triglycerides (MCT) are the most easily-used fuel source you can find - at least as easily used by the body as glucose itself.

I say, it's worth a try, but you don't have to give up your breakfast if you don't want to.