New to MOVE

Options
cd_va
cd_va Posts: 31 Member
I'm getting ready to attend my first MOVE meeting in Harrisonburg Va. I noticed this group and joined, although it has seen no activity for some time.
Posting in the hopes that others will join.
I'm a vet but also a drilling reservist. After demobilizing I gained a lot of weight, and I'm under the gun to make PRT standards by April. I've been working with the VA dietitian, and jumped at the chance to include MOVE in my quiver of tactics.
Cheers,
Collen

Replies

• nuzcruzr
    nuzcruzr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey Colleen, Move is great and its well worth workin' it. M F P and Move are a great combo. Keep up the good work. -Alan
  • cd_va
    Options
    Hey Colleen, Move is great and its well worth workin' it. M F P and Move are a great combo. Keep up the good work. -Alan

Hi Alan!
    Thanks for the encouragement. Do you speak from personal experience?
    Colleen
  • nuzcruzr
    nuzcruzr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey Colleen,
    I have lost 100 lbs. twice in the the past by weighing and measuring and cutting out sugar and flour. This time I'm doing the same except that I'm using MFP to keep track of calories. I hate counting calories so it helps me to maintain a 1400 cal . food plan and to plan what I'm going to eat.
    I also go to Move sessions in NH to stay motivated. My biggest challenge is exercise. I hate it but I always feels better when I do it.. I tried mall walking but you half to drive there.

Good luck and keep up the good work.

-Alan
  • cd_va
    Options
    Hey,
    Congrats to you, on your success so far! I hear you about the exercise--I get tired of having to slog through the cold, and then get lazy.
    I'm learning a lot in the MOVE group, but I need to have some one-on-one sessions with the dietitian. I'm getting confused.....do I eat less fat? Fewer carbs? But then how do I get in my calories? etc etc
    Keep up the great work!
    Colleen