New week check in

Options
2»

Replies

• ICarla
    ICarla Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Oh my god, W2D1 kicked my *kitten*. I felt like I was going to throw up and I'm only running for 90 seconds!

Every little bit counts. When you start your 30 min runs you'll be amazed at how far you've come!!
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'm still on week 1, but loving it. I started out just walking for 30 mins the first week (last week). This week I run 4 mins, jog 1 min -- it's getting easier already! And the best part is I can't wait to do it cause I feel great afterward.

The biggest secret that's making it easier this time around -- I go S...L...O...W! Yep. Not going for speed but for endurance. That one min jog is not much faster than my walk. Once I can jog slowly for longer periods of time, I'll worry about my speed later. So far, it's working!

If any of you feel like you are going to "throw up" or are really huffing and puffing during the jog -- try slowing it down. I guarantee it will make things better. :)
  • Flacachica
    Options
    Just completed week 5 day 2! I am 185lbs and have asthma. If I can do it you can do it! I'm scared of Friday doing a 20 minute straight run but I'm going to give it all I got.

You go girl!
  • Flacachica
    Options
    Oh my god, W2D1 kicked my *kitten*. I felt like I was going to throw up and I'm only running for 90 seconds!

Slow it down! You'll feel better. You've got plenty of time to worry about speed later. My two cents. :)
  • Flacachica
    Options
    Today was W3D3. . . I don't feel like I'm ready to move to Week 4 yet, or maybe I'm just scared and intimidated by the thought of running 5 whole minutes in a row. Thinking I will do a couple more days of Week 3.

How many days a week is everyone running?

I am doing four days a week -- Monday, Wednesday, Friday and either Sat or Sun (depending when I can fit it in on the weekend)
  • Flacachica
    Options
    I'm ready for spring so that I can go outside!!!!

I hear you! I'm in the "Polar Vortex" of Minnesota so running inside. Can't wait to get outside and have my dog join me!
  • befitnow3
    befitnow3 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I did W2D2 this morning. Typically I'm doing the program 3 days a week and walking on the treadmill for 2 more times/week for 30 min. Plus yoga 3-4 times/ week. Nothing too strenuous but I've never been very active. So this is already a biggie for me:) cheers!
  • cofomostwanted
    cofomostwanted Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Just finished Week 5 Day 3! The last 2.5 minutes were killer! My feet hurt, my body is trembling and I got shin splints in my left leg but I have to say I'm glad I did it! I am very impressed with how quickly I catch my breath and my heart rate comes down when I'm done. My body is definitely getting more fit. My husband is going to be so proud of me.
  • ICarla
    ICarla Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Just finished Week 5 Day 3! The last 2.5 minutes were killer! My feet hurt, my body is trembling and I got shin splints in my left leg but I have to say I'm glad I did it! I am very impressed with how quickly I catch my breath and my heart rate comes down when I'm done. My body is definitely getting more fit. My husband is going to be so proud of me.

Great job! We are proud of you too!!!
  • bijoux79
    Options
    Run 3 week 3 done...totally loving it. Going to repeat one more time overthe weekend then moving into week