Breastfeeding

Options
Hey every one i joined MFP a month back.having trouble in losing weight not really sure how much should i be eating.
I breastfeed and also give formula go my baby she is 4 months old by the grace of GOD. It's been 15 days and i have not lost any weight amon1200 diet with very little exercise. Some times a walk of 20 min or some time Jillian's Michael 30 day shred.

Replies

• butterflikisses13
    butterflikisses13 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm in the exact same boat. I eat very healthy, try to workout and my little guy is 4 months. I'm exclusively breastfeeding and just stuck at the same weight. I had a very small loss of .4lbs today...hopefully something will give. Maybe try upping your calories though. 1200 is too low while breastfeeding.
  • vegamina
    Options
    Thanks a lot but am not breastfeeding much she doenot take much also my supply is not enough :(
  • mama_chubs
    Options
    I have been nursing for 14 months and have had a difficult time losing weight as well, but it's because I have been eating entirely too much! I am worried that 1200 might be too low. Your body might be holding onto the calories and fat because you still need them???? My goal is set at 1600, but I am shooting for more like 1400. Maybe it's the type of food you are eating? Sorry if this does not help at all! :)
  • malove07
    malove07 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I BF my daughter for over a year and had trouble dropping the last ten pounds of pregnancy weight. As soon as I stopped BFing it came off within a couple weeks. I know several other moms who had the same thing happen. I think some bodies just hold on to a little extra weight to make sure that they will be able to feed the baby. Hang in there!
  • Dedicatedmetime
    Dedicatedmetime Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Personally I set my calorie counter at 1690 and I added 500 calories to account for breastfeeding. I also try to eat oats & eggs at some point through out the day (supposed to help with supply). Hang in there! I know how frustrating it can be :)