WoW!!!! Had the flu!!!

Options
djgreen1968
djgreen1968 Posts: 35 Member
I am just getting over a 12 hour flu that seems to be going around here in Illinois. I lost 2 pounds in the process, but I prefer NOT to do it again. lol I hope it didn't throw off my ketosis by barely eating anything. Had a can of chicken noodle soup, and I ended up eating a candy cane for the mint to settle my stomach. It worked, and I woke up this morning weak, but right back on my diet. Hoping none of my keto friends get what I had. :frown:

Replies

• blablues
    blablues Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I got a nasty stomach bug on Thanksgiving after having been on keto since July - it was the first time I cheated since being on keto since I just couldn't stomach anything other than crackers and some chicken soup. Pepperoni and cheese just wasn't going to do anything good for a queasy stomach. It was only a temporary setback for me - within a few days I was back on the diet and back into ketosis (but that was after being in keto for about 4 months, so I was well adjusted).
  • djgreen1968
    Options
    I don't have much of an appetite today. I have eaten eggs this morning, and I will have some more for dinner, but I will have to make myself eat. Hope this is over soon. :cry:
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Aw sorry to hear that..I was down with a cold and I was experiencing terrible carb withdrawl on top so you weren't alone feeling yucky. Today is the first day I feel somewhat ok.
    Healthy wishes sent your way!

S
  • djgreen1968
    Options
    Sorry to hear you were under the weather too. It has been a hard couple of days. Hoping tomorrow is better for us both.
  • quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    There is definitely something going around. I have a cold now, and it sucks. My appetite is just not there, but I'm still making sure I eat even though I don't want too. I did a workout with a runny nose on Thursday (no fun at all!), but didn't get one in yesterday. I'm hoping this passes quickly and I can get back to my usual routine.
  • djgreen1968
    Options
    Well, I'm feeling a lot better today, but my appetite has definitely dropped. I'm just not hungry? I am sure it will come back soon, just got to let my stomach heal I guess. Hope you are feeling better as well?