Feeling sad

Options
MelxH
MelxH Posts: 93 Member
Hello
For almost 4 weeks I've been exercising 30-60 minuts 5 days a week, I've been putting all my meals in here...
I dont have a scale, so I have to measure my weight at my in-laws on sundays (thats when my bf and I go visit them), the problem with this, is that I end up using the scale after breakfast... I should get my own scale, right?

I also havent drop any weight the last 2 weeks, and I'm scare to see what the scale has for me this sunday...
Am I doing something wrong? is it normal that after 4 weeks theres not much of a change? is it because I only need to lose 11 kg (24 lbs)? Hypothyroidism has something to do with this?
I seriously need some help :( I'm starting to feel like giving up, sad and lonely, my bf trys to suport me, but he really doesnt know what I'm going through, hes the kind of person that no matter what he eats, he stay skinny

Sorry for the bad english...

Replies

• shvits
    shvits Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Emotions can be related to the thyroid. Check your thyroid levels. If you do not have a thyroid problem then I suggest you find support for your weight loss with a group or a person.
  • MelxH
    Options
    My doctor says my thyroid is fine, after doing alot of thinking, I do believe that my problem is that I dont have anyone to share my problems with.
    I deside to keep going, probably the only thing I need is time
  • charleigh78
    charleigh78 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Give it time. It just takes so much long when our darn thyroids are not normal. Expect it to take longer, and be in it for the long run.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    All that matters re: the scale is that you weigh yourself at the same time every week under similar conditions. So after breakfast is perfectly fine.

With such a relatively small amount to lose, you must set your goal to .5 lb. per week & be patient. It's physically impossible for you to lose at "Biggest Loser" speed. I have Hasimoto's, and it took me a whole year to lose 20 lbs.

Give it another week or two. If you're still not losing, then you're underestimating your food &/or overestimating your burn. Weigh your food, and eat back half your exercise calories.
  • MelxH
    Options
    thank you all, I do need to be more patient... its just that I've been overweight my whole life and sometimes I forget that I only have 28lbs to lose

those sad feelings where probably my thyroid messing with me... its been a really stressfull month