Would it be geeky...

Options
basicjim
basicjim Posts: 69 Member
Would it be overly geeky if someone liked to put on Chiptune music (like Anamanaguchi or Shirobon) while they run and imagine they are in a video game? That would be normal, right? Perfectly normal, right?

Replies

• miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Well, I woudn't do that but I'm pretty sure my husband would. And he has tons of video game soundtracks to do that with as well.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Would it be overly geeky if someone liked to put on Chiptune music (like Anamanaguchi or Shirobon) while they run and imagine they are in a video game? That would be normal, right? Perfectly normal, right?

I work nights and sometimes during the Winter season when it snows I like to go outside for walks and jogs while it's snowing listening to Star Wars music pretending I am flying through space.

Normal? Dunno, don't care.
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I walk a lot a lot a lot, and have been working my way through all of the Doctor Who audio from Big Finish. I don't let myself listen to it unless I'm out walking.
  • basicjim
    Options

I work nights and sometimes during the Winter season when it snows I like to go outside for walks and jogs while it's snowing listening to Star Wars music pretending I am flying through space.

It makes me laugh that I am not the only one with John Williams on my ipod!
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options

I totally thought you were going to say you pretend to be riding a Tauntaun.
  • basicjim
    Options
    I walk a lot a lot a lot, and have been working my way through all of the Doctor Who audio from Big Finish. I don't let myself listen to it unless I'm out walking.

I did the same thing with the audio version of "Ready Player One" by Ernest Cline. Awesome carrot! I was doing extra miles daily just to listen to more!
  • emzyfish
    emzyfish Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Or put on really intense instrumental music that would fit in a zombie movie and run like they're after you! :D (Not that I've ever done that before. Ever. Nope.)
  • Asheea
    Asheea Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I totally do that!! I love Two Steps from Hell, Future World Music and Audiomachine. If a song comes on from them I'm transported to a fantasy world where I'm a mighty fury warrior slashing and hacking hordes of demons or I'm a elemental shaman or fire mage shooting lightning and fire up their evil tushies.

I'm a WoW and Diablo girl so I envision myself into those games. :)