Fit N February

Options
:love: All Right Team.. Let talks about your Action Plan.. what are your plans to get to your goal for this month? What things will you also continue that has worked?.. :smooched:

Replies

• Worthy2justdoit
    Options
    Well to tell you mines..
    1. I plan to meal prep my meals, as many as possible; I have seen by me being prepared it allows me to choose better foods and help me to stay within my daily calories alloted.
    2. I am going for 48 ozs of water(I beleive its now like 1/2 your body weight), but I normally do 32 about 4 cups daily, but I plan to increase it and see where that gets me.
    3.I plan on walking on my breaks at work(2) so that is a 30 min work out 5 days a week.. I have even made a lil board at work to check off each day!

:heart: We are in it to LOOSE IT!!! Super Excited and so Committed..:mad: .#breakingoldhabits #makingnewones:explode:
  • boulevardMto180
    Options
    I'm going to watch my salt intake and stop consuming so much of it.
    I will continue to work out, but add strength training.
    I also want to remain consistent with drinking 8cups or more of water.
  • Fodao
    Fodao Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I think the biggest thing for me is to have lots of tasty, low-cal stuff around the house to eat when I'm in the mood to eat. There are times that I eat like a madman because my body's craving energy so much, either from exercise or missing lunch or both, and I tend to overdo it at these times. If I had pre-prepared low-cal snackfood around, it would make a huge difference.

For example: when I got home from doing some landscaping on Thursday, I was famished. I was in such a hurry to eat I wolfed down a bunch of peanuts I had lying around, as well as a few bologna sandwiches I threw together. The caloric damage was pretty high, but thankfully I burned a lot while I was at work, and after a 1.5 hour walk in the evening, I still met my goal fot he day (I ended up with 17 miles under my belt that day!) But what if I had gorged myself on some fresh fruits or veggies instead? I'd have been that much more in the green.

Luckily, I really do love vegetables, so the only thing I would need is to keep lots of fruit in the house and to peel, prepare, and portion a tupperware container full of veg like carrots, broccoli, celery, and cucumbers. Then, when I'm in the mood to ravish the refrigerator to refill my energy supplies, it's as easy to get to as any other food in my pantry.
  • morzolas
    morzolas Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    1. I plan to meal prep my meals, as many as possible

It really does help. Sometimes if I know I'll be busy the next day I'll plan out my entire day - even down to the snacks. It helps to have a game plan before you begin the week (like having healthy foods to throw together). It really makes a huge difference.
    I'm going to watch my salt intake and stop consuming so much of it.

Watching your salt will cut down on processed foods as well as a natural byproduct. It's nice because that's kinda killing two birds with one stone!
    I think the biggest thing for me is to have lots of tasty, low-cal stuff around the house to eat when I'm in the mood to eat.

I have a little snack bowl on the counter and snack shelf in the fridge. It's stuff like bananas, hummus, veggies, granola bars, etc. It's easy to grab and easy to portion ahead of time. Great goal!
  • morzolas
    morzolas Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm happy with my diet. That is actually the one thing I've never really had. Even when I was eating decently in the past, it felt like I was just eating well enough to make it to the weekend and indulge, i.e. ruin my entire week's work. Now I am rarely tempted to stray from my healthy foods. I used to struggle with sodas and sweets and chips. I can't tell you the last time I had a can of soda or some Doritos. I think for February I want to get my exercise back into gear. I have been pushing myself but still not hitting my daily goals there. I think if I can get myself moving every day with a great diet it will do wonders. Looking forward to a new month to improve myself and my "fitness knowhow."
  • kikalique
    kikalique Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm very happy with how January went, so I plan on repeating most of it. Focus on getting to the gym and doing a class at least 2x a week with another 1-2x doing some sort of exercise. Continue to log calories and make healthy choices/portion sizes. I'm going to make an appointment to see a nutritionist at school to make sure everything is going ok. I'm having trouble getting the amount of protein MFP says I need, and I want to see how much protein I need according to the nutritionist and how I can get it as a vegetarian. Let's see what February brings!
  • JoyLaine
    JoyLaine Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I plan to make better use of my food scale to get my portions under control and make sure to keep a larger selection healthy snacks on-hand at work. Next week we're having pizza day at work and I'm planning on having a hearty healthy salad beforehand to help fight off the temptation of gorging myself on garlic chicken. Wish me luck!
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to pre-prep more too.

Exercise shouldn't be an issue because Girls on the Run starts Feb 11th and runs every Tue/Thu through April and I'm coaching and running with the girls, and that's on top of my regular exercise schedule! I have a 5k on February 22nd that I would like to do as well.

Otherwise, I'm going to follow what worked for me in January.
    Logging my foods on here.
    Tracking my exercise that I can with my fitbit.
    Logging my non fitbit exercise such as my Body Pump and CX Worx classes, etc.
    Staying on track with my healthy food choices, with room for a few indulgences now and again.
  • Iratherbefit1
    Iratherbefit1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi pals,

1.My goal is to get more protein in my day
    2. Get back on the "insanity" train
    3. continue my 3x a week strength training
    4. sleep a minimum of 7hrs (I've been slacking lately)
    5. buy groceries more strategically ( I spend too much money and buy too many things)
    6. aiming for 2 pounds of weight loss this month, so I'm going to go H.A.M!!!!

I appreciate all of you on this #noshortcutschallenge if you are on instagram, I would love to visually see your progress (@transform3r)
  • Spambo16
    Spambo16 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I need to get more sleep, and do a better job of planning weekend meals.

I know when I get overtired, I'm much more likely to rationalize poor choices - fries instead of steamed veggies, that extra glass of wine... I travel for work during the week, so I have a routine down, and only have to worry about myself. On the weekends, though, I have to feed my family, with an anti-veggie husband and two middle-schoolers that fill the weekend days with activities so that cooking at the end of a long day is the LAST thing I feel like doing.
  • jls43
    jls43 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am dedicating February to flexibility and alignment. I have tried something new (to me) called resistence stretching. I am lucky enough to live in the Boston area where there is a studio that offers it. It is not cheap, but the results are A-MAZING.

So specifically:
    1. Four sessions with a resistance stretching trainer
    2. Daily stretching
    3. At least 10,000 steps per day
    4. Prep healthy salads on weekends (quinoa, black bean, kale w/ tahini miso dressing is my new fave) and bring lunch to work at least 3x per week
    5. Water