newbie here and need HELP!!!!

Options
mrsward2010
mrsward2010 Posts: 61 Member
Hi guys i really need your help!!! Im 214lb and 5ft 4 inches. I have been using MFP since NYD (01/01/14) and lost 11lb I started on 1720 but then i changed my exercise goals and now its dropped me to 1370?!?!? I dont feel this is any where enough calories based on some of the post on here. Can any one please help advise me how many calories i should be eating????

I work in a bakery lifting heavy boxes moving cages etc 3 days a week plus i do personal training once a week for 1hr and i run around twice a week for half hour each time.

based on this site http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

my TDEE is 2412 and my BMR is 1754.

Can any one let me know what i should set it to?? I want in the long term to lose another 45lb

thanks in advance

daniella xxxxxx

Replies

• natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    If your TDEE is 2412 then you should cut 15-20% from your tdee. Sounds like you need to eat more than the 1720 that you have been eating.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Your exercise goals on MFP have absolutely no bearing on your eating goals.
    You changing them was not the reason for your eating goal changing.
    Going down 10 lbs was.
    And you either changed your non-exercise activity level, or your goal loss per week.

I could probably figure it out if I had enough of your figures that MFP is using, starting weight BMR.

Have you even looked on your Exercise diary to see the goals there? Most aren't even aware of them is why I ask.

If you were to do MFP style, for your work, you are obviously not sedentary desk job, Lightly Active would be correct.
    Then 1 lb weekly goal loss.

BMR 1754 x 1.4 activity level = 2456 non-exercise maintenance - 500 cal deficit = 1956 daily NET goal without exercise included.

You log those workouts at 80% of estimated burn and eat those back, your workout days will be eating more of course.
    The 30 min running 6mph at your weight is 500 cal easy to eat back - so 2456 on those days.
    If personal trainer days for 60 min is tad less intense, say lifting burn, probably 600-800 cal - so 2556-2756 on those days.

Or as you seem to be looking at TDEE deficit method. Be aware it assumes sedentary with exercise added on top. You are not.

Your work makes you Lightly active already again, just by itself.
    Your exercise with 4 hrs decent workout makes that Moderately Active, just by itself.
    Combine the 2 - Very active easily using the rough 5 level scale.

BMR 1754 x 1.725 activity factor = 3026 TDEE - 15% deficit = 2572 Gross eating goal every day.

Look at that - works out to be about the same.

Your personal preference for reward and goal plays important part in being compliant to select a system.
    Same amount daily, plan the meals better, plan a treat. But you better do the workout.
    Different amount daily, get to eat more when you do the workout. But if you don't you still have a deficit anyway.
  • mrsward2010
    mrsward2010 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    thanks guys!!! thats great! i was slightly confused but thanks for breaking it down! Personal trainer has always said i need to eat alot more calories and now i know why!