dark under eye circles

Options
since becoming veg my under eyes have become extremely dark. Anyone else dealing with this issue? I do take a multi and iron pill but was wondering if maybe there is something better besides a heavy duty concealer lol

Replies

• RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Are you anemic? When was the last time you had your bloodwork done?
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Mine are the result of the lack of sleep, so no clue.
  • TheHipstaChick
    Options
    Before I became vegan, I had a severe bout of anemia (had to have an emergency blood transfusion, actually). As I looked back on photos during that time, the dark circles were so bad it looked like I had been beaten up. Best to have some blood work done, just to be on the safe side...take it from me!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to be rude, I don't know how old you are, as you age the fine skin under the eyes gets thinner & the blood vessels are more prominent.
    If you are getting enough sleep and enough iron, drinking enough water and not suffering from hay fever,watching your diet etc, perhaps you need to go and get a blood test?
  • abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I would try taking organic raw unfiltered Apple Cider vinegar 2-3 times daily.
  • chitownbella1
    chitownbella1 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I have not had my blood work done in a few years so I do plan on getting some tests done this month. I already take a multi, iron pill, and b12 daily but was wondering if I missing something else. At the health food store the clerk suggested blackstrap molasses. I was consuming ACV daily for months but just recently ran out I just got some more but still was having the undereye issues =/ lol Im 33. I hope its not because of my age.

Thanks for the suggestions I will def see a Dr and see from there
  • danikanoodles
    danikanoodles Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Dark circles under the eyes are a big sign of food allergies/intolerances. Karen Ranzi talks about this. You might be able to find out more on her site(cant remember the name) or her youtube "superhealthychildren".