Do you wash your strap?

Options
MrsLannister
MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
My strap is in serious need of washing. I can't find cleaning recommendations on the site. Can I just throw it in the washer? Do I have to hand wash it?

Replies

• AHASRADA
    AHASRADA Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I don't know if there are any official instructions. I wash mine in hot, soapy water using blue Dawn dishwashing detergent, but don't submerge the plastic part. It has that indentation that plugs into the charging port on the device, and I don't want to take any chances on moisture remaining in there and messing anything up.

So, I hold onto the plastic "frame", swish the strap in the water and kind of rub/scrub it with my finger, rinse it and hang to dry. I purchased a second strap so I can still wear the device while waiting for the other strap to dry. I try to switch straps and wash the worn one every week to 10 days.
  • JRadd14
    JRadd14 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have 2 straps (and just ordered a couple more) and I clean them as needed. Having 2 or more straps allows me to wash and let one air dry while I'm using the other.

I handwash the strap with a little antibacterial hand soap and really warm water, rinse and wring out what water I can and then hang it up to air dry.

On one of my straps the velcro started to pull away from the tab, and I just super glued it and haven't had any issues since.
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I throw my strap in the wash with my sensitive clothes (cold water only) and air-dry it. You should have had a bit of paper that came with the device and that has washing recommendations. They suggest hand washing but I don't hand wash anything. I have more than one so that I can rotate through while one is drying. My actual device never touches water except when being wiped down on the towel that I just used drying off with from the shower. In the summer, I will wipe the device down with alcohol to further reduce any chance of building up some type of bactria that I don't want grown excessively on my skin.

By the way - find that paper if you can as it's very clear about sun screen issues that are known to interact with the plastic. Having actually cracked my device within the first few months because I wasn't careful enough with the sun screen (I didn't read the fine print on the chemicals), I didn't use sun screen above my elbow the next summer. No cracks.
  • SewSweets
    SewSweets Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    When I had the BodyBugg I handwashed it in the sink with warm soapy water and then would let it air dry.
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I have about 6 of them, never washed any of them. One thing that perturbs me to no end is the Velcro peeling off. Everytime I call and complain about it they end me a new band...LOL. I will have to try the superglue.
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Yes, washed the strap when it was poorly picking up my heart rate. Placed in delicates bag, gentle cycle, air dry.

But I rinse it after each use and air dry it.
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Sorry , wrong thread :-|
    Yes, washed the strap when it was poorly picking up my heart rate. Placed in delicates bag, gentle cycle, air dry.

But I rinse it after each use and air dry it.