MINI CHALLENGE #2 - Friday, Jan 31st

Options
NanzyBoek
NanzyBoek Posts: 151 Member
Great work on the 1st mini challenge!! Nice to see that so many of you tried more than just 1 :happy:

Fridays mini challenge has a couple of options. You can try to smash it and do both or just attempt 1. With the weekend coming up keeping up this healthy living can become more difficult so you need to step it up!

MINI CHALLENGE #2

Plan out all your meals for the weekend in advance (TIP - If your cooking make extra, portion out and freeze for meals later next week!). This includes if your going out to eat! That means find the restaurants menu on-line pick out your meal so you'll know exactly what your having before you get there. Takes the temptation out of it!
OR
They say in order to change you have to do just that CHANGE! So its all about swapping out your workout. If you normally go on the treadmill, time to pop in a dvd or download a youtube video workout as example. If you normally sit on the couch, nows your time to get up and something 30min at least! If your already doing a workout program and dont want to mess up your days, that means your pretty dedicated so you can handle adding something to it!

When you've completed your challenge, time to check back in and tell us about it!
Good Luck

Nanzy

Replies

• khemmyusa12
    khemmyusa12 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Got. Plan what to eat in advance so you don't eat just anything u see when u get hungry. Plus change the style of your workouts schedule. Add a little extra, right?
  • NanzyBoek
    NanzyBoek Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Got. Plan what to eat in advance so you don't eat just anything u see when u get hungry. Plus change the style of your workouts schedule. Add a little extra, right?

If your hardcore, add a little extra. If your a beginner or intermediate change it up from your regular routine. Just to "Shock" your body into a fat burning machine ;)
  • BookterAE12
    BookterAE12 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm in for both challenges. For my workout, I usually go for walks and try to get in push-ups and/or sit-ups.... tonight, I'm planning Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown.

Working hard to plan weekend meals... especially with the super bowl!:happy:
  • Revolution2014
    Options
    YESS!!! that works for me. Friday is my shock day. I normally don't go to gym on Friday and do a video or pilates or whatever I feel like.

As far as meals: that requires a bit of thinking. I am usually the household manager on weekends, so I have to think/take account of what everyone in my house wants to eat. But hopefully I can learn from this challenge and encourage everyone to try healthy alternatives.

If any of you pick challenge #1, can you pretty please post meal ideas. I swear sometimes the hardest part is the planning.
  • Millyandjack
    Options
    Didn't walk this morning as it was already 30 celsies by 6am, so I will go tonight and I I am thinking I might goto zumba tommorow just to give it a try.

I will try and plan meals tonight for the weekend, might be a challenge since we go shopping on sat so sat night and sun can be a mystery
  • Su1ly
    Su1ly Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the treadmill/bike/yoga with added weight training. Today I did a HIIT tabata cardio max. Felt like I couldn't breathe after 5 minutes but I made it the 15 minutes. I also have used my rice cooker to cook several healthy weekend foods/snacks so I don't have to stand over the stove and EXTRA plus... don't have to wash a bunch of pans. So mini challenge check and check :)
  • asherly3b
    asherly3b Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It's been -20 windchill this week, so I missed two days of going to the gym-and now I have to work extra hours all weekend that correlate with the gym times! So i guess i'll do task one-planning out all my meals!
  • Teri_71
    Teri_71 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Too many socials between kids and adult events this weekend so I can't do the planning part as I won't be home for big chunks of time this weekend. I did queue up on my Amazon Prime watchlist two Ballet Beautiful workouts three weeks ago. I've been a little too intimidated to do them so getting through one of those will be my challenge. It'll be a definite change up since I've been doing treadmill, hand weights and yoga workouts so far. One of the "fit" reviewers of the workouts said "Cons: you may curse like a sailor the first time you try this workout." Eeek!
  • mystian
    mystian Posts: 14
    Options
    I will be a guest most of the weekend so no food planning for me....I just need to be very careful.

Meal ideas though - I've been making a lot of turkey based meals lately because the kids seem to like it. Turkey meatballs with noodles for them, turkey chili in the slowcooker, big vegi Spinach salads with Feta and some Pecan and dried cranberries, tacos for the kids and just a mexican salad for me (no tortilla chips).

I eat the protein/veggies and let the kids have the carbs.
  • kitchen0nfire
    kitchen0nfire Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Well, I actually changed up my routine on Wednesday, but today I decided to stick with it! I started a 30 min class at the gym and although I feel like throwing myself off a balcony when I'm done, I feel much better through the rest of the day. Even the trainer was surprised I came back for another class! LOL Yay me!
  • dcsnow99
    dcsnow99 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I planned on swimming for my Friday challenge since I haven't hit the pool in months I thought it would be a good activity, then life happened and my plans went sideways. I wasn't going to work out at all on Friday after that which would be disapointing since I had a rest day on Wed and had also missed my wrkt for Thur. Then I remembered that something was better than nothing. I took anhour walk, and though I stillmisses my calorie goal for the day I felt good that I still did something.

I will be visitinig tomorrow so I can't really plan tomorrows meals, but I did plan out my dinners for the week and I'm on my way to shop for ingredients now. This should help with my afternoon grazing through the week since I will already know that I have a fulfilling meal planned for dinner.
  • mystian
    Options
    Completed a 2.5 mile hike with my two little boys this afternoon. Could not fit it in on Friday.

I can't really plan meals this weekend, but I am bringing a big brussel sprout salad to the Super Bowl Party, so I hope I can be good. Trying to do the 10 cups of water everyday - it increase my steps too - due to the more frequent trips to the bathroom.....
  • BeckyS32
    BeckyS32 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Food planning done! I have been doing this every Sunday for the last month. It does help me out during the week. I don't have it planned down to the meal what we are going to eat, as that doesn't work the best for my family. Here is what is now in my freezer:
    4 portions of cubed ham, 2 portions of seasoned, browned beef, and 3 portions of taco meat. I also have my veggies all washed and prepped for the next few days. I also have a crockpot of chili on right now for the game tonight.

As far as the workout, I got a new Jillian Michaels DV and did it yesterday. It was fun!

Enjoy the Super Bowl tonight everyone!! GO BRONCOS!!! :)
  • shalome36
    Options
    Okay, I am going to try this challenge, I didn't plan my weekend food, but I think I did pretty good. I will start tomorrow... with planning. I missed 3 days of logging and I need to focus mor on logging on the weekend as well as during the week.

by the way, I was able to plank for 45seconds straight... I am going to make the 2 minutes straight, I have to keep stopping. I have been taking the stairs everyday to the 6th floor, my goal is to make it without being out of breath; as soon as I do, I will take them twice. um!
    TTFN
  • khemmyusa12
    khemmyusa12 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow. I feel good abt myself today. First it was snowing heavily but I still went to the gym. Normally I would turn back home. Then I tried this 5,4,3,2,1 challenge someone showed me and it was wonderful. Burned more calories then working on the treadmill.
  • planetjen79
    planetjen79 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    tried to plan out, but I cant do all meals a week in advance, I find that tough!
    I do have my regular breakfasts, and planned some new lunchtime salads as well as a few dinner options, and Ill pick and choose as I go!
    As for the workouts, I just bought a one month membership to yoga where the room is 28C and I LOVE it. All this fitness stuff is new to me, including Zumba, that I signed up for once a week. I walk 4.5k everyday but its not helping me lose any.
  • Coffeybljhs
    Options
    I usually do treadmill or elliptical and weights so I will swap out for a cardio video workout.