FEBRUARY CHALLENGE GROUP!!

Options
timwhoa
timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
January was such a success for so many people, I was so happy to see so many take advantage of thier time and to post with all of us thier success, thier work, even thier short lived failures so we can all learn and move forward,, so here we go into the second month of the year, and I am feeling great, I had a fasting blood sugar of 98 this morning for a type 2 diabetic that is fantastic, THANK YOU ATKINS!!,, so let the fun begin!

Replies

• Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I really want to lose 10 lbs. or close to it for the month of Feb.
    Tim, congratulations on your lower blood sugar number. That's the best news!
  • Pennben
    Pennben Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello February!

Two goals this month:

1. I would like to drop 6 lbs. I'm kind of nervous about this month because I'm edging close to the weight where I stalled out about six years ago the last time I dieted (not Atkins) and eventually gave up and ended up back at a higher weight than when I originally started. So, I hope that I can achieve this goal which would put me below that stall point. It would be a big psychological boost; but I am bracing myself with the mantra of "patience" in case I get stalled again. I know this way of eating is better for me so I don't plan to give it up this time.

2. Get moving a little more. I've been really lax on doing my cardio these first couple of months on this new way of eating. And by lax, there are some weeks where cardio has not been on the agenda or my mind. It has gotten a bit ridiculous. So, again, with what I hope is a modest goal, I want to hit at least 30 minutes on the treadmill at least 3 times a week.

Hope everyone has a great month!
  • tunesntea
    Options
    I'm going to lose 9 pounds this month. I originally thought 10 but 9 pounds is better for my psych. That single digit thing.

Right now I have 99 pounds to lose by March 1st I want to only (lol) have 90 to lose!
  • Tigredia
    Tigredia Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm in - realistically I should say 10 pounds. I don't do anything that would be considered normal or realistic. My February goal is 20 pounds of fat gone, gone, gone!!!
  • SwedishMel
    SwedishMel Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 30 more pounds before April 1st, so my February goal is 15lbs (same as March goal). I'm really trying to get as close to my goal as possible. Good luck to everyone!!
  • LuluNH
    LuluNH Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose 6 to 9 pounds this month - that would get me into the 160s and close to my "realistic weight goal"!! I plan on tightening up my game and eating closer to induction levels. I let my mom borrow my current Atkins book a while ago so this week I ordered the 1972 edition of Atkins - it should be here within the week. I find re-reading the plan really helps me to re-focus. I also like the Carbohydrate Addicts book too. Best wishes for downdowndown!!!
  • JBDaniel08
    JBDaniel08 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I would love to join the group. I am starting the Induction Phase tomorrow. I am hoping for 6 pounds for February. Maybe it is a little agressive but if I am going to go through withdrawals I might as well aim high
  • see2217
    see2217 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 15 lbs this month. It seems like a lot, but I'm going to start induction and have many lbs to lose. I've had great success with Atkins before and am re-starting after several years away.
  • DragonzMom
    DragonzMom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm shooting for 10 lbs off in Feb following Atkins. Does anyone count CALORIES on Induction? Or just NET CARBS < 20? I needed some guidance.......my macros are set to :

65% healthy fats
    25% protein
    10% carbs

I have not had luck with ketosis strips - I think because I'm drinking 100oz water/day. Not sure. But I sometimes feel my calories are too high (1500-1800) even if my NET carbs are < 20!!
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I'm shooting for 10 lbs off in Feb following Atkins. Does anyone count CALORIES on Induction? Or just NET CARBS < 20? I needed some guidance.......my macros are set to :

65% healthy fats
    25% protein
    10% carbs

I have not had luck with ketosis strips - I think because I'm drinking 100oz water/day. Not sure. But I sometimes feel my calories are too high (1500-1800) even if my NET carbs are < 20!!

In his book, ATkins says not to count calories, but I am. I am because I'm counting carbs on my MFP food diary...so the calories automatically get logged in too. Often they are a couple of hundred over my mfp given limit, but I'm not concerned about it. AT this point, I really only care about the carbs and also the salt. I know from experience that you can lose weight without counting calories just by healthy eating. I think Atkins is pretty close to that. Also, I've found that I'm naturally not eating anywhere near the calories I was before I started Atkins. I'm just not as hungry.
  • sunseeker100
    sunseeker100 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose 7lbs in February. I've done 2 weeks of induction and lost 9.5, but then had a bad week (ate carbs!) and gained 2lb, then this week have lost 1.5...so it's working again but if I lose 7 that will take me back under 11stone where I was before xmas :)

I'm going to start some light exercise this week...me and exercise have never been friends....so my other goal is to do some form of exercise at least 3 times per week for the whole month!
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options

65% healthy fats
    25% protein
    10% carbs

I did low carb/Atkins a few years ago and didn't know about the ketosis strips. Once I found them, at first it was like I was having a good day or bad day just based on that stupid strip! If you're losing I wouldn't worry too much but you could cut back to even fewer carbs to experiment and up your fats.
    Good luck! I'm not a huge help but water intake definitely can affect the ketosis strip.
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Well...I feel like crap about myself. I don't know why this time it isn't "clicking" for me. Why I can't seem to stick with it long term. I see a loss but then the next day I give into a temptation. I absolutely know I can do this, so I need to get my crap together.

My goal is to log every single day in MFP and log as accurately as I can. I think ignoring logging in makes me less accountable and like I'm tricking myself into thinking I wasn't "that" bad. I'm going to log for at least the next couple days but won't necessarily be doing Atkins or low carb. I don't like most of the other message boards so I hope I can just stay here ;) If I find I do have the discipline to stay under my calorie intake I will continue to log and do that, but I'm a bit nervous as I feel I get hungry faster by eating more carbs.

My goal for the month will be to lose 3 inches off my waist. I've been discouraged by the scale so I'm going to take a break for February.
  • LavaDoll
    LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i need to lose 6# this month.

i have set goals for myself every month for the last 3 months, and have come *so* close to meeting them. . . but no cigar.

activity must increase. nightly atkins endulge treat must decrease. maybe skip every third night. dunno.

- - -Go!

=^x^=
  • Tigredia
    Options
    Do you watch calories and carbs?
  • my1focus
    my1focus Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm back too! My goal will be 8 pounds.

That should be easy peazy but you never know. I anticipate a treat for Valentine's day...and 1 potluck at work for the month. I've already been good about walking most days since they added health and wellness for my work day.

I want to add in some stretching for the month, this is my other goal.
  • Lori0534
    Lori0534 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started Induction on Monday. I have 20 lbs that I want to lose...Well, really I would like to lose 25 lbs by summer. So far, I have lost 4.5 lbs since Monday on Induction! I know it is water weight, but a loss is a loss in my book! I am working out 6 x per week and keeping my carbs right at 20 a day. I am 31, 5'2" and starting weight was 143. Haven't been able to get the last 20 lbs off since having my daughter 2.5 years ago! I really want to lose 10 lbs total by the end of February! My goal by the summer is to be 123 and my ultimate goal weight is 115! However, if I get back to the 120's I will be very pleased!
  • MissCoolShoes
    MissCoolShoes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am starting the induction phase tomorrow. So glad to have found this group for motivation.
  • Tigredia
    Options
    Asking again??? When on Induction phase with 20 carbs are you suppose to watch calories also? I need to lose a lot of weight. I would like to start the Atkin diet tomorrow but don't understand how one can lose weight if your calorie intake is high.
  • tunesntea
    Options
    Asking again??? When on Induction phase with 20 carbs are you suppose to watch calories also? I need to lose a lot of weight. I would like to start the Atkin diet tomorrow but don't understand how one can lose weight if your calorie intake is high.

No, just watch carbs and don't worry about calories. You should lose, if not people can help you figure out why not.