Stunned and Delighted

Options
swalewis
swalewis Posts: 26 Member
Got back from the dr's office today with my new a1c number. 5.4! It was over 11 in Sept 2013 when I was diagnosed. Using the advice I read on this board, I've been eating very low-carb and to my meter, and added 30 min of cardio 3x a week to my routine. I know this kind of drop is very uncommon, and I'm a bit stunned by the early success. I miss some foods, and the ease of grab & go meals, and it's hard to get up early to workout. But I am grateful for the silver linings of Type II for my whole family - eating better and being more active together. I know that maintenance is going to be just as challenging as the initial adjustments. Thanks to all of you for being a great resource!

Replies

• karensueo
    karensueo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful news.
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Keep up the good work.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Very impressive results! Congratulations!!!!
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    A very commendable improvement. Congratulations on adopting and finding the right habits that resulted in your accomplishments.
    It is indeed a juggling act, to be sure and you've found what seems to be a great routine. It's hard work and determination and doesn't come easy.

Welcome to the 5% club. :drinker:

As you mentioned, this is an amazing group and community eager to share their knowledge and experiences in an effort to help ourselves and others achieve their goals. I'm often impressed, and take away new and valuable information daily from this community to help me gain a better understanding, or ways to accomplish better blood sugar management practices.

I'm confident you'll be successful, when finding out what works, as you already have, and sticking to it like glue.

:drinker:
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    WTG! i especially like your silver lining. Diabetes truly did save my life and has helped make my family much healthier.
  • fishbarn
    fishbarn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    That is great news.
  • GlucernaBrand
    Options
    Congratulations! It's really motivating to hear how your hard work has led to success. ~Lynn /Glucerna
  • TNHoneyBBQ
    TNHoneyBBQ Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    that is outstanding news! and so encouraging for the rest of us who are just getting started. Congratulations! Carol in TN
  • dontwishforit_workforit
    Options
    Wow congratulations!!! I was 9.1 in July and am currently at 7.8 so I am a little envious of you :)
  • blackiris49
    blackiris49 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    :happy: :flowerforyou: