February Whole30

Options
GrokRockStar
GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
I see that there is a January group, may we continue in Feb?

I've been on Whole30 before but didn't get passed day 5, now I'm ready to recommit, and post this publicly to keep myself honest and to give/receive support. I have purged my cupboard, permanently ridding the Paleo snacks and will be getting started. I like to keep it simple with food, i don't cook much, and i don't drink coffee, so this should be easy, right? My diary is open to friends, so if anyone is open to friendship it would be greatly appreciated!

CC

Replies

• LunaGreen
    LunaGreen Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    what is whole30?
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I have just finished my January whole 30 and continuing into February would love to be friends.
    Whole 30 is paleo but you don't use pelofied snacks so no paleo pancakes, no cashew nut butter cups etc. you also avoid all artificial additives and preservatives eating high quality delicious food. No alcohol, no sugar, limited fruit. I had my doubts as to whether I could stick to it especially avoiding my weekend glasses of wine but it has been amazing. My fibromyalgia is better, I have less pain more energy and my skin and hair looks great. I didn't lose a massive amount of weight about 4lbs but that's OK the benefits outweigh that. I see no reason to go back to my standard diet, I am sure I will drink wine again but don't want to go back to having 2 glasses every Friday Saturday Sunday night it wasn't good for me. The book It starts with food will tell you everything you need to know and cookbooks well fed and well fed 2 have been like the bible to me.
  • sillyli234
    sillyli234 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hey CC,

I am going to send you a friend request. Just started my Whole30 today.
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    what is whole30?

Luna, the Whole30 is a Paleo based eating plan for 30 days (some go beyond) to reboot your body with the benefits of improving overall health, such as improved body composition, energy levels, sleep quality, attention span, mental attitude and athletic performance, although Whole9 (source) states that its primarily about focusing on the food, not so much the exercise.

I always start with this handy shopping list and focus on the green highlighted foods and try to stick to it. Here's the shopping list from Whole9: http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Shopping-List.pdf

HTH
    CC
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    I have just finished my January whole 30 and continuing into February would love to be friends.
    Whole 30 is paleo but you don't use pelofied snacks so no paleo pancakes, no cashew nut butter cups etc. you also avoid all artificial additives and preservatives eating high quality delicious food. No alcohol, no sugar, limited fruit. I had my doubts as to whether I could stick to it especially avoiding my weekend glasses of wine but it has been amazing. My fibromyalgia is better, I have less pain more energy and my skin and hair looks great. I didn't lose a massive amount of weight about 4lbs but that's OK the benefits outweigh that. I see no reason to go back to my standard diet, I am sure I will drink wine again but don't want to go back to having 2 glasses every Friday Saturday Sunday night it wasn't good for me. The book It starts with food will tell you everything you need to know and cookbooks well fed and well fed 2 have been like the bible to me.

Joy, that's great that your are experiencing health benefits already! I look forward to seeing some improvements as well. Thanks for sharing your experience, I know it's in my best interest to stick with this! A friends request is being sent...
  • LunaGreen
    LunaGreen Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Haha Okay thanks girls! I think I basically just did that in January. A few small slips, with wine twice lol.
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I may give this a go in March or April I haven't got to it in my reading yet but it sounds interesting.
  • ajs2mf
    ajs2mf Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hey girls! I am 5 days into my Whole 30. This is my first time doing it. I would love some support if anyone wants to add me as a friend. I am uncertain about a lot of this, and have been trying not to eat out at all because I have no idea what the ingredients are or if I can eat them.

Last night I had some wine, which I know is not allowed. I know you are not supposed to "cheat" at all. I don't really think it's a big deal to do once or twice, but I really don't want to start cheating all of the time. Do you guys really believe that your body is actually reset by one mistake? I don't really want to start over. Any thoughts?
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Hey girls! I am 5 days into my Whole 30. This is my first time doing it. I would love some support if anyone wants to add me as a friend. I am uncertain about a lot of this, and have been trying not to eat out at all because I have no idea what the ingredients are or if I can eat them.

Last night I had some wine, which I know is not allowed. I know you are not supposed to "cheat" at all. I don't really think it's a big deal to do once or twice, but I really don't want to start cheating all of the time. Do you guys really believe that your body is actually reset by one mistake? I don't really want to start over. Any thoughts?
    Just carry on and maybe add on a few more says at the end. I am the kind of person that if I set my mind to something I do it 110% and will definitely complete it (my mum said I was always stubborn LOL). I can only go on my experiences and if I had cheated and not felt any benefits I would never have known if it had worked had I given 100%. It's up to you at the end of the day. I reintroduced almond milk yesterday which isn't compliant due to carrageenan I have had a terrible headache all day (guess what a side effect of carrageenan is migraines) I know this now and will cut it from my diet again. Had I continued I wouldn't have known this. I am very intolerant to many things though so this might be just me.
  • shuki_cotren
    shuki_cotren Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I am doing a Whole 30 in February. This time I am doing an Autoimmune Protocol Whole30 due to my SLE (lupus). Anyone interested in following each others whole 30s can friend me! :)
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    I am doing a Whole 30 in February. This time I am doing an Autoimmune Protocol Whole30 due to my SLE (lupus). Anyone interested in following each others whole 30s can friend me! :)

Hi Shuki,
    Friends request sent!
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Day 1 food is pretty much over and I feel like crap, but I know it's to be expected. I didn't have much of an appetite, so I didn't get all of the food in.
    I don't plan on cheating because that would defeat the purpose, what would be the point? I need to see it through without deviation. I know it'll get easier as time progresses.
  • charleigh78
    charleigh78 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Day 1 food is pretty much over and I feel like crap, but I know it's to be expected. I didn't have much of an appetite, so I didn't get all of the food in.
    I don't plan on cheating because that would defeat the purpose, what would be the point? I need to see it through without deviation. I know it'll get easier as time progresses.

It feels terrible at first, it truly does. Trust me, it isn't all in your head. If you hang in there then in about 10-14 days a switch will flip and you will feel better than ever. Just hang in there!
  • nickymaire
    nickymaire Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm starting on the fourth which is Tuesday. This will be my third whole 30 :)
  • GrokRockStar
    Options

It feels terrible at first, it truly does. Trust me, it isn't all in your head. If you hang in there then in about 10-14 days a switch will flip and you will feel better than ever. Just hang in there!

Thanks! I've been on the Whole30 before but didn't make it past a few days. Mainly because I felt horrible, but I'll hang in, and would love to make it further.
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    I'm starting on the fourth which is Tuesday. This will be my third whole 30 :)

Nicky,
    So after you completed 30 days, did you just continue eating regular Paleo?
  • Nadia_BE
    Nadia_BE Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just started today! It's my second Whole30. I did one last summer too.
  • ShannonKirton
    ShannonKirton Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I just completed my January Whole30 but I'm open to friends who would like some support for their February journey. You can add me if you wish and I'll be happy to keep you guys and gals going. :) Way to go to commit to a February Whole30!! :)
  • Kaelitr0n
    Kaelitr0n Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I just finished my January Whole30, so I'm out for February, but good luck to all of you awesome people!

I will be interested in doing another in March :D
  • nickymaire
    nickymaire Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    citizencave
    I eat/ate primal before and after both my last whole 30s, I like dairy too much to give it up. But I get sick if I stray from paleo/primal anyway so its a good incentive to stay on it.