Where are the butch lesbians?

Options
13»

Replies

• missdelarocha
    missdelarocha Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Is there a specific word for people who are both, but not at the same time? Like I know stem but I was under the impression that was more like mixing it up all at once? I literally have lacy dresses & fancy flats next to leather jackets & combat boots and it just depends on how I wake up in the morning. A friend called me a swinger/switch hitter once, but that just makes me think of keys-in-the-pool parties and bad baseball analogies.

Ahaha I was just about to be the first person to add in that I'm not exactly the same all of the time, I go through phases.
    I like edgyness always though, I wear jeans and t shirts or tanks and shirts, but I'd be happy to wear some hard looking more femme clothes like Aaliyah, Cassie, Gwen Stefani, Cara Delevinge and Ciara, those are some examples, they do/did the more masculine thing sometimes.

Can I just say that it's usually the persons attitude and swag that makes it though?
  • amastre
    amastre Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I definitely feel like swagger and attitude do play a role in being butch, even moreso than clothing choice and personal style.
  • MartialPanda
    MartialPanda Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    It's all about that swag/walk. Apparently girls know i'm gay in a hot second. I don't always wear men's clothing. Sometimes I do. However, even when i'm wearing women's clothing......ladies who like ladies......automatically know i'm gay. I'm just walking around. It's about how you walk and talk and act a lot of the time. Clothing only "helps"

It's funny though because apparently as much "gay" as I give off guys still hit on me...........and i'm like......bro

i'm wearing a men's shirt, tie, and shoes. Do you really think i'm into you? They say "Oh I just thought you had swag"

Exactly.........
  • JsForeverKnight
    Options
    I am new to the boards and I'll just tell you... I couldn't pass for straight or femme if my life depended on it. I go from jeans and tees and a ball cap to tailored suits and silk ties.

I am very in love with my future wife.

If you all need any recipes re worked let me know. I am a chef.
  • paperfiish
    paperfiish Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I definitely feel like swagger and attitude do play a role in being butch, even moreso than clothing choice and personal style.
    It's all about that swag/walk. Apparently girls know i'm gay in a hot second. I don't always wear men's clothing. Sometimes I do. However, even when i'm wearing women's clothing......ladies who like ladies......automatically know i'm gay. I'm just walking around. It's about how you walk and talk and act a lot of the time. Clothing only "helps"

It's funny though because apparently as much "gay" as I give off guys still hit on me...........and i'm like......bro

i'm wearing a men's shirt, tie, and shoes. Do you really think i'm into you? They say "Oh I just thought you had swag"

Exactly.........

Ok, that makes a lot of sense. Swag is definitely a good indicator and reaaaaally attractive <3 I have no swag (and don't really mind, it's definitely not natural to me) so I think I'm probably not who this thread is looking for :p
  • alternativemommy
    alternativemommy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm a gender bender when it comes to style. Generally I wear women's clothing to work but not girly clothing (please don't confuse the two!) But I usually wear men's pants on the weekends with t-shirts which are gender neutral...although I do own a dress or two. Butch is more of an attitude! Clothing does help though with identity!

But apparently have no trouble with attention from both sides (women or men). ;-)
  • chrissyshott
    chrissyshott Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Right here, right here. I'm working on the first novel in what looks like is going to be a series of butch-hero romances if anyone wants to volunteer to beta read.
    This is what I need in my life, haha <3
  • charlicee
    Options
    Aloha ;)