Weekly challanges Feb 3rd through Feb9th.

Options
Ok, for those who asked, here is the list for this week! Good thing, because I have slacked off since I have been ill and this is a good way to ease back into my routine. Thanks pals for asking about these, as I need them~

Mon: .......laying on the floor or the bed on your side, raise your leg up and hold for a count of 5, lower, repeat. Do as many as you can. Then lay on the other side and do the other leg.

Tues: Stand facing a chair, hold the chair and lift your leg up and out to the side as far as you can, hold for a count of 5, lower, repeat. Do both legs.

Wed: standing jacks. For these you stand feet hip width apart and as your raise your arms over like in jumping jack, you lower your butt, as in a squat. Hold for a few seconds, stand back up lowering arms, repeat.

Thurs: lay on the floor knees bent and push the small of your back to the floor. Hold for a second, release, repeat.

Friday: Planks, can be done on knees or straight out planks.

Sat: sideways stretch brings arms up hands touching, then bend to the side, hold for a few seconds. Do other side.

Sunday: take it easy today and drink, drink, drink the liquids.

Replies

• jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Oh thank you....... will do these!:smile:

Jean
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    jeanmrob, you are very welcome
  • LSwan2
    LSwan2 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!! Some good ideas. Take care of yourself. Are you in the draught in California. Linda :)
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Thank you californiagir for bring back the Weekly Challanges!!

================================>>>
    Ok, for those who asked, here is the list for this week! Good thing, because I have slacked off since I have been ill and this is a good way to ease back into my routine. Thanks pals for asking about these, as I need them~

Mon: .......laying on the floor or the bed on your side, raise your leg up and hold for a count of 5, lower, repeat. Do as many as you can. Then lay on the other side and do the other leg.
    side-lying-leg-lifts.jpg

Tues: Stand facing a chair, hold the chair and lift your leg up and out to the side as far as you can, hold for a count of 5, lower, repeat. Do both legs.
    side_leg_raise_strength.gif

Wed: standing jacks. For these you stand feet hip width apart and as your raise your arms over like in jumping jack, you lower your butt, as in a squat. Hold for a few seconds, stand back up lowering arms, repeat.
    372-fit-jumpjacktuck.jpg

Thurs: lay on the floor knees bent and push the small of your back to the floor. Hold for a second, release, repeat.
    pelvic_tilt.gif

Yoga_PlankPose_300x350.jpg

Sat: sideways stretch brings arms up hands touching, then bend to the side, hold for a few seconds. Do other side.
    15-minutes-of-stretching-exercises-to-keep-fit-stretch-sideways.png

cat-drinking-water.jpg
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Californiagirl, you are the best! These will jumpstart my exercising again--like many of us, I haven't done anything for a long time.

Thanks Wooken for the illustrations. I love the cat dringing from the glass.

The two of you are reinspiring me and I really need it.:flowerforyou:
  • pepeleo
    pepeleo Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    thanks...
  • Wooken3
    Options
    Good news: Monday's exercise is done :happy:

Bad news: Made me see how filthy the living room tile is! Past time for some sweeping and scrubbing :grumble:
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Leg raises done and they felt great! Also did some standing while cleaning the microwave and sinks!!
  • rbeckner711
    rbeckner711 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. Just what I needed to help get my back in shape!!!
    Thank you californiagir for bring back the Weekly Challanges!!

================================>>>

side-lying-leg-lifts.jpg

side_leg_raise_strength.gif

372-fit-jumpjacktuck.jpg

pelvic_tilt.gif

Yoga_PlankPose_300x350.jpg

15-minutes-of-stretching-exercises-to-keep-fit-stretch-sideways.png

cat-drinking-water.jpg
  • californiagirl1950
    Options
    @rbeckner711, you are welcome and most of these are from all the PT I have had over the years, for my spine. Glad you like them. Hope that back feels better ASAP! No fun at all when they hurt.
  • gramanana
    Options
    Leg lifts done! I am really out of shape and have a head cold, so I only did 5 with each leg. But, at least, I'm getting back into the swing.

Thanks, Californiagirl.
  • Alamo0809
    Alamo0809 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • Alamo0809
    Alamo0809 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Photos are very helpful!
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    bump....
  • californiagirl1950
    Options
    @gramanana, hope you feel better soon. Good job on getting a little bit done today.

@Alamo0809, you are very welcome
  • Healthydiner65
    Options
    Tuesday challenge done!
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Tuesday all done - thank you :happy:

Jean
  • gramanana
    Options
    I Tuesday and repeated Monday. Sometimes this is how I build up a routine or just get back into exercising. Just what I need.
  • Wooken3
    Options
    Did Monday again and added Tuesday. The stretching sure felt good after today's bike ride :happy:
  • Healthydiner65
    Options
    Did modified jack. Can't jump on these old busted up ankles!