TDEE and BMR

Options
MelxH
MelxH Posts: 93 Member
Hello
I was diagnosed with hypo when I was 11, now my doctor says that my thyroid looks ok and in a good balance...
I need to lose around 28 lbs to get into the "healthy" zone, and I've been exercising 5 days a week for 4 weeks with no visible results,
I guess that the problem is that I eat between 1200 to 1400 calories a day, and everybody says that you should calculate your TDEE and BMR and go with what it says... wich means that I should eat 1500-1600 calories... but... I'm pretty scared! I really don't want to gaing more weight, and I dont know if those 1500-1600 calories would be less if those calculators had and option of "yeah.. uhm... I'm hypo" lol
so... should I go with it? how many calories do you take?

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Everybody's different, and weight loss takes a whole lot of trial & error to find what works for you. I use the MFP defaults & treat the protein & fiber goals as mediums.

The only difference I've observed between me (I have Hashi's & take Synthroid) & the average MFPer is that I lose really, really slowly. I had to eat at a deficit for a year to lose 20 lbs.

Edited to add that w/ "only" 14kg/31 lb. to lose, you should set your goal to .5 lb. per week—and be really, really patient.
  • MelxH
    MelxH Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    thank you, I'll be more patient then, just gonna try the MFP defaults but eat at least half of the calories that I burn with exercise
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Great! Do that for a few weeks, then reevaluate.