Week 3 Chat (3-9 February)

Options
Hi Challengers!!

Welcome to Week 3 of the Trim Taut and Terrific Aussies (and friends) 12 week challenge!!

The purpose of this thread is whatever you want :smile: Chat away to your :heart: content - it's all about sharing and support.

If you are a late starter (welcome), please make sure that you have read the GOALS thread, and posted your details under INTRODUCTIONS. This week's progress update can go in the WEEK 3 WEIGH IN thread and later I will post a spreadsheet to compare everyone's progress (still working on this).

* - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * -

I've decided that we should have a weekly challenge. Last week in the chat there was a lot of talk about new gyms and different classes. So I think this week we should all TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT FOR EXERCISE. If you go to a gym, try doing a new class, if you exercise at home, do something you haven't done before. If you walk, do some hills. Mix it up a bit!! And of course, let us know what you do.

I'm going to do a yoga class.

Look forward to hearing how your week goes, good or bad, let us know what's going on in your life.

Read your goals and affirmations and remember why you are doing this. I for one, need to concentrate a bit more on the food side of things, I've got my training sorted, but I've been slipping off the nutrition rails.

Lets get Week 3 underway!!

Replies

• mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    now that the kids are back in school, I will get back into the running routine.
    Might pick up swimming on wednesdays again too (when my son does his lesson)
  • donnam40
    donnam40 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I did yoga today - does that count?! I'll be going back next week for sure.

Even though I am doing this without any real goals it is keeping me motivated to do the right thing - most of the time anyway.

Thanks so much Skim.

Donna
  • _J_en
    _J_en Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Whoopsy, woke up on Sat and was soooo happy to break into the 80s - a 88.9kg weigh in

Fast forward to a wedding where I ate lots of bread and had LOTS of wine. Then lost the plot on Sunday, and am back to 91kgs

I know everyone says not to weigh yourself everyday, but I didn't listen and got discouraged.

Might do my weekly update on Tuesday.
  • merse81
    Options
    Had a really good week. Had some really good gym sessions and kept my diet on track ( although didn't eat enough)
    Had a bit of an off diet day yesterday, but will still under for my calories.
    I always find it harder to diet when it's balls hot outside ( and I haven't do e the food shopping t ) I'm much better in winter on my diet. But I'm still not too bad

Haven't weighed myself yet as my gym doesn't have one out on the floor and can't find my Wii fit board. Think I may be down a bit, but only really have had a week of being on track.

This week shouldn't be too far, but I have a ladies wine dinner on Thursday so that will throw me off a but, but will be back on track Friday :)

Sooooo hot
  • wahelga
    wahelga Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Well done everybody on last week's effort, we all had a win of some kind even if it wasn't on the scales.

Skim - I moved 3.5 cubic meters of scrap metal today plus a washing machine, 2 tvs and other assorted rubbish. How that for mixing up my exercise? :laugh:
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    2 weeks into 12: Had another good week of nutrition with pretty good macros IMHO and I made my work outs count. I averaged over 12k steps per day with my highest over 18k. I think I was shopping that day lol.

I've dropped a few cm where it counts and also gained 0.5 also where it counts ;) my bicep for all of the dirty minds in my FL :P Not weighing officially but it hasn't moved anyway so nothing to report there.

I do want to shout out to Dan for introducing me to in place of a road map too. Cheers for that. It's been a great help :) Looking forward to the coming weeks.

My motivation is high and my support team is providing inspiration and motivation. ♥

In the immortal words of James Brown; Whao I feel good!!

Onwards MF Chums!
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Quick LOL to Maurice on the extra 0.5cm!!!! :blushing:

Happy days!!
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    So at the end of the first (second) week things seem to be moving in the right direction. I know I dropped a bit of water weight but went down from 79kg to 77.2 at the end of the week. I'm happy with that.

Calorie intake was an average of 1928 per day (net of 1815).
    Macros for the week are: 165g P, 172 C, 57 F.

I didn't get the chance to do any cardio this week (it has been over 40 here in Adelaide) all week which really sucks! Did get three gym sessions in though.

Four gym sessions and two rides (assuming I get a lil bit of decent weather) is the goal for this week.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Hey all, back from Melbourne last night and had a fabulous time being in one of my best freind's weddings. It all lovely and went incredibly well. The dress I wore fitted and even though it was a little tighter than when I got it pre-christmas I think it loooked pretty good.

Five more days of work for me and then I'm off on 3 weeks holiday to Bali and Vietnam. Not sure how I'll go eating and exercise-wise while I'm away. There seems to be a lot of healthier options in the SE Asian cuisine but no doubt I'll be having a bit more alcohol than usual. Hoping to stay pretty active generally and maybe squeeze in a run or two so I don't go too far backwards in terms of fitness. Very good moviation to eat well this week as I know I'll be in a bikini quite a bit.

Plan for the week is footy training Mon/Wed, Gym on Tues, AFL 9s on Thur and Gym on Fri. Not sure about trying something new as I really like my training schedule at the moment and it seems to be working well but I could perhaps throw in a new exercise or two at the gym
  • monbot
    monbot Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

Last week was an awesome week. Went a little overboard on the food on the weekend, but nothing to whinge about. Was still way below my weekly goal.

Week has started off well with a Pump class this morning. Plan to do alot of classes this week, I'm loving them! So that's my new thing - gym classes I've never done. TTT sounds interesting (Tummies, Tails and Thighs), I'll be doing that this afternoon.

Plan for the week;
    Mon: AM - Pump, PM - TTT
    Tues: AM - Step, PM - Fat Burner (Gym Class)
    Wed: AM - 7km run, PM - Pump
    Thurs: AM - Studio Cycle
    Fri: AM - 7km run
    Sat: AM - Pump
    Sun: Colour Run!

Next week will be a bit more relaxed - if you can't tell, my partner gets home from Fly-In/Fly-Out work on Thursday, so I relax a bit from the work outs.

Well done everyone on last week! Hope you have a killer week :)
  • lorelei68
    lorelei68 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hoping for a much better week this week... last weeks combination of freezing weather, system flukes at work, vehicle problems, meetings...Augh!

Time to bounce back from a food/drink laden weekend. Logged as much of this as I could but some just couldn't even be guesstimated.

Plan for this week -
    First goal: Back to the Gym Monday thru Friday
    Second Goal: Plan the meals (already started)
    Third Goal: Look up and print off beginning strength training workouts

I'm working on it.... Hope you all have a great week.
  • Flyer69
    Flyer69 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    For those interested to know a little bit more about me, I just posted a new topic

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1192801-you-are-never-to-old-to-succeed

I following everybody's progress here and it is fantastic you are all so committed, keep up the good work and a special thanks to SkimFlatWhite to keep us on our toes and committed and set up this group.

Cheers Robert
  • FitterTerri
    FitterTerri Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

It is great to see all of you doing so well. Whilst my nutrition has been on track for the past two weeks, I haven't been able to do "planned" exercise, due to a Trip to Tamworth, a horrid head cold and a couple of ****ty weeks at work.

I have lost 600g though (as of Sat 1/2/14). So pretty happy with that.

I get bored with my workouts fairly quickly and always need a goal/event to aim for. I started New Rules of Lifting for Women last year and really enjoyed the couple of weeks that I did it for. I think I stopped doing it as I was given a plan from a PT as part of a 10 week challenge organised by my local (well, an hour a way local) ASN store. Anyway, I have decided to get back to it and I have started week one of the workouts today.

I will do my measurements tomorrow morning - fingers crossed that they go in the right direction.

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • candirose69
    Options
    hey everyone! sorry I was MIA for the latter part of last week work is a nightmare!
    So good to see everybody still motivated!
    I'm super excited to have my gym buddy back (sis is ready to dive back into the gym). we are doing pump tonight followed by balance and a run tomoz and pump wednesday :)
  • EGirl7
    EGirl7 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Sorry I too wasn't here much...had a job application to get in and did so last night, so fingers crossed.

Have put on weight and am sad...but am hoping it's due to TTOTM, which has just kicked in. I probably feel sad because of that, too (and the usual depression, of course).

Anyway, we shall battle on.

Hope you're all doing well!
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Hi there Challengers!!

Sorry I've been missing today - had a super busy day at work, followed by family stuff and then working from home. I'll be super busy until Friday this week, and will not be around much but I am trusting that you will all keep updating and I'll be back when I can to check in on everyone.

Stay strong!!!

Read your goals = keep your eyes on the prize. It's week 3 and all you have to do is remember that if you do the little things that you need to do every DAY, the weeks will become easier. Little gains on the scale happen, it's natural, just keep doing the daily tasks and the trend is bound to keep going DOWN!!!

And ... my fave ... the scale does not measure sexy :heart:
  • Danispen
    Danispen Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    How great to hear of everyone's motivation - inspires me even more.
    I have had a super busy week but so pleased that I have made time to get to the gym all except one day. I dont really have time for this either I should be doing some work but right now this is way more of a priority to me. Even started running - doing it in intervals and going to build up. Big one for me because I never run. Despite being overweight for most of my life I have always always been very very uncoordinated. Tried skipping tonight in boxing circuit - managed to stay upright and was on a roll with 7 skips! (average was 2). Gumby as.
    My goals for this week:
    * continue to improve on running on the treadmill, longer runs with less walk periods
    * continue to put myself as priority
    * don't drink any wine
    Have a great week everyone
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Hi all!!

Quickly popping in to say hello. I'm going to be super busy for the next few days, sorry to miss all the action, I haven't even read the posts but just wanted to say I'm thinking of you all and giving "thought support"...

I'll be skipping my gym workouts for the next 2 days due to early mornings and late nights, but a few days off wont hurt. Being reasonably on track with food.

Hope you all have a great day!!
  • michable
    michable Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Great to hear everyone doing so well!

My goals for this week:

- half marathon training; wk8 - 4 runs
    - bodyweight strength training x2 sessions
    - take the time now and then to appreciate my family and my good life

I ran this morning, and did a strength workout, so I am on track.

Have a great week everyone!
  • wilbernel
    wilbernel Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ive had a couple of bad days. Bit emotional I think. My children go back to school today, my boy goes back and my girl strarts her first day at Kindy, she is very excited. I have shed a tear.

I will now refocus my TTTA 12 week challenge & hit the gym, making changes to my exercise routine this week.

Very grateful to have something else to focus on.

Thanks Skim & other participants
This discussion has been closed.