Introductions!

Options
Everyone introduce yourself here! Tell us your *level* of clean eating.... maybe rate on a scale of 1-10 being how healthy you feel you eat 90% of the time (don't count the occasional evenings out with friends or cheat meals or Superbowl parties or whatever.)

Also, tell us a little but about yourself so we can get to know one another!

AND when do we want to OFFICIAL day 1 to be for the group challenge?

Replies

• FitFoodieMomBillie
    FitFoodieMomBillie Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'll go first!

My name is Billie Anderson. I am in my mid-30's, mother of 2 and married to my high school sweetheart. I've always been interested in being healthy, though I have not always actively pursued it. In fact, I have been unhealthy for the better part of the last decade. I am x-Army, have a degree in Information Technology with a focus on Multimedia and Web Design, and currently have the blessing of being a homeschool Mom to my 10 year old. I look forward to pursuing a certificate in nutrition (hopefully) this year. My interest in nutrition sky-rocketed when my own health really hit rock bottom, and then again when my son was diagnosed as allergic to a VERY long list of not so popular food additives as well as other things. A child that cannot breathe is a very scary thing, indeed.

I am a label reader. There are things, brands and ingredients that I refuse to bring into my house, though I am certain I could be a lot better in my research and diligence. I will drink the OCCASIONAL Coke. (I usually go months in between). I feel that the worst thing I eat right now is protein bars. I need to get away from them, but it is hard for me to find something as transportable and satisfying on the go and in a hunger fit (because I failed to plan or notice the clock). I recently purchased a bread maker (as I went Gluten free and my son is HFCS free, so it made sense.) I try to bake bread at least once per week for breakfast and snacks. I cook a protein and a vegetable most nights and we have a lot of eggs, oatmeal & greek yogurt for breakfast and a starch based meal for lunch. I don't know that this is the BEST way, but it is working for me for right now.

My current workout regime includes P90X3 and remedial therapy on the treadmill to strengthen my hip from a pinched SI nerve last St. Paddy's day that caused the surrounding muscles to atrophy. I've already built up 4 inches of muscle in that area and can stand and support myself without too much issue, but I'm working on fine motor control and endurance now.

I feel I eat bout 85% healthy ... so an 8 or 9? I KNOW I can do better, just working on getting there!
  • malteaser46
    Options
    Hi im Mel and im new to MFP, I decided to do something about my weight this New Year. Now I know I should have done it sooner however I am living with my partners parents and thought it would be / I would be difficult if being particular about food, however i have managed to eat well and only slipped ofcourse a couple of times ie. at parties. I would rate my eating habits now as a 6... I think I got a way to go as cravings still get to me! But hope your idea will help keep me motivated. I came across your new group as its very simular to the lifestlye im on now. I eat by slimmingworld. I f your looking for recipes I think it would be a good place for you to look. there are groupd on here and blogs online. Its nice to see you have adapted your palate to your sons.
  • MySkinnyJeans2014
    MySkinnyJeans2014 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've been working on clean eating for a while now. There's always something to improve on! My fast food and quick junk meal set backs have been dwindling but they're still there! I hope this will help me stay on track more of the time. Thanks for your support!
  • pmcmom
    pmcmom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My name is Patty and I am trying regularly to use my fitness pal to enter in my food intake. I would say I am 8 on a scale of 10. I try to eat healthy but occassionaly treat myself. I really want to lose my mom pouch and five pounds would be great.
  • kiekie33
    Options
    Hi i'm Kierra and I've been working on my eating habits a few months now. I can't seem to get a straight definition of what clean eating is but I have been focused on eating more whole non-processed foods. I would say i'm anywhere from a 6-7 and have come a long way from my previous eating habits.
  • Byantha
    Byantha Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Barb. I have cleaned up my eating habits, with the help of MFP. I try to keep under 30grams of sugar a day. I also try very hard to be gluten free and dairy free (not so much). I eat protein with each meal/snack. My snacking habits are what I'm working hardest on. I do love chips. I crave salt and often would have a salad for lunch and then some chips! Not good. I love popcorn and eat it almost every night. Probably not so good either. My snacks at work are veggies with hummus in the PM and in the AM its greek yogurt, berries and seeds and/or nuts. I'm looking for new alternatives to my snacks. Last night I made gluten free blueberry muffins, so my morning snack was one of those with 1 tblsp peanut butter.
    I would rate my clean eating at about a 7.
  • Jade0529
    Jade0529 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi

I just found this group and wanted to join.
    My name is Jade. I am a wife and mom. My toddler is almost 5.

I try to cook 99% of our food but struggle because our son has sensory issues and will not eat certain foods. It is not just him being a stubborn kid, it is Sensory Processing Disorder which means his brain is wired differently and certain sensations are just too much for him. Foods are big struggle for him. I am gradually trying to get him to eat a wider variety. Thankfully he loves fruits and vegetables.

For me personally I am a recovering food addict and emotional eater. I was flat out addicted to refined sugar etc so I cut it out and feel 1000 times better. I try to be gluten free or at least reduced and dairy free. Since doing that I can feel the difference in my body. I believe that I have an intolerance to those.

My husband is very supportive and is trying to overcome his own addictions and food hangups.

I have no interest in having "cheat days" or "treats" that are loaded full of chemicals and sugar as I personally don't want to re-trigger my addiction and I have no desire to eat it. I see a lot on MFP people pushing others to eat that way and it bothers me.
  • Byantha
    Options
    Day one....? How about today? :)
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I'm a college student living in Brooklyn. I'd estimate that I eat about 80% clean. I'd like to be able to eat whole, unprocessed foods 100% of the time, but when my schedule gets hectic, this proves to be very difficult. I don't beat myself up about it as long as I'm within my calorie goals. I've lost and kept off 16 lb. in the last 2 years. I'd like to lose another 5-10, but I'm okay with maintaining because I'm in a healthy weight range. I eat six small meals/snacks per day. I use a Fitbit Flex to calculate my TDEE and I eat between maintenance calories and a 500-calorie deficit. I usually bring healthy foods with me when I know I'll be out for a meal or snack. I can't eat dairy because I have an intolerance/allergy to casein, and it's upsetting to me that I'm often stuck with dairy alternatives that are more processed.
  • nicolemarthacraig
    nicolemarthacraig Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi There,

Glad I found this group.
    I've decided to eat clean for the month of Feb. My reason for this is to see if it will encourage some weight loss. I've been eating healthy since last May and I initially lost 2 stone. I took up olympic weight lifting a few months ago and my weight has plateaud since then so I'm hoping this will help as I do have a lot more fat to lose.

It is difficult enough to eat clean. I have to plan and prepare my meals the night before. I try to have 5/6 small meals per day at 3 hour intervals.

Nicole
  • Byantha
    Options
    I have 3 meals and 2 (sometimes 3) snacks a day. Found Mary's organic crackers at Costco. Thanks for the suggestion! Yum! they are delicious and hopefully will stop the chips craving! Planning some today with hummus or peanut butter.
  • annettemorales06
    Options
    Hi! My name is Annette. I'm 26 a wife and a mommy of 3! I haven't been In shape since high school and really let myself go when I decided to stop working and stay home with the kids. Last year for new year's I decided it was time to get back my pre-pregnancy body or get close to it! So I made some Major changes, I eat a lot healthier and workout 5-6 days a week! I've lost 39 pounds since and feel great! I'm currently a size 6 and weigh 121. I'm not really focusing on loosing more weight although I would like to lose around 10 more pounds, but my focus right now is toning up. I've already put on muscle so hopefully I'll be where I want to be by the next New Year :)

feel free to friend me on MFP
  • paigecash
    paigecash Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    So I joined this group ten days ago and I'm just getting around to introducing myself--tells you a lot about my lifestyle. I'm 48, married, with a ten year old daughter who is into a lot of activities. I teach yoga 4 days a week, but I'm 30 pounds overweight (my estimate) so it makes it hard to do some of the poses even thought it is gentle yoga. Our eating habits at home were pretty good until last June, when surprise, I was tasked with teaching four online courses, two of which I had not taught in 15 years (I'm a professor of English). My husband was working two jobs, and so needless to say, we relied on a lot of ready-made processed foods to get us by. That continued through the holidays, thus the weight gain and general feeling of unhealthiness. We are slowly getting back on track, clearing out our systems and eating food that remembers where it came from. I pack lunches for everyone every night and we rarely eat out. I'm always on the lookout for kid friendly clean eating. Nice to meet you all!