How's everybody doing out there?

Options
It's pretty a pretty quiet board lately! I've been failing miserably with regular HIIT exercise - been tied to my desk trying to complete a writing project (ugh) - but sticking to the food plan. I *think* progress is being made. I confess to sneaking a look at the scale today for what I hooped would be encouragement and yes, indeed, I'm down. So as long as I don't use that as an excuse to wander this weekend (and the temptation is HUGE), I think W4 will be a success.

I'm planning to move to regular Shred when SS is done, though haphazardly at first, since I'll be away. What are the rest of you thinking of doing? Or will SS get you to goal? I'll still have 20 to go.

L.

Replies

• jobell2355
    jobell2355 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are right on track. I have had a rough couple of days plan wise due to it being my Birthday yesterday. I tend to celebrate all week long. And we had a freeze in FL and so I took a few days off from exercise. I will get a run in today though when I get off work. The good thing is that even though I went off plan a bit, I still logged everything to keep myself accountable and I noticed that it kept me from going completely hog wild. I am hopeful that on Sunday at the very least I won't see a gain. I can definitely tell a big difference in my body even though the scale isn't reflecting as much.
  • murph1777ca
    Options
    Happy birthday! I think it's okay to have some fun on special occasions, and it sounds you even strategized a bit to keep yourself within reasonable limits. I'm headed out tonight myself to a concert and am thinking of having an "outside" salad for supper and a glass of wine.

I've heard about your FL freeze! I just hope to god Miami stays warm... I can't wait to get away from the snow up here in Nova Scotia.

Hang in there over the weekend. I'll check back in on Monday for the full report.

L.
  • Sillygirl50703
    Sillygirl50703 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello, I had a rough week! I had a birthday which lasted a couple of days... and I also fell off the exercise bandwagon. Been dealing with snow storm after snow storm here and having to readjust work schedules. Needless to say my weight maintained and no loss this past week. I've got no one to blame but myself. I'm starting the whole diet over this week. I'm on week 1 day 1 today. It's been really hard to try to fit in exercise with a baby and a hubby who's working overtime. By the time he gets home I'm too pooped to do anything!! And Im not real sure how to fix that. Maybe once the weather gets nicer and the snow STOPS FALLING I can take the baby out for strolls in the neighborhood. But seriously, it's like below zero every day and I just dont wanna drag the baby out in it. That's it. I'm still in it. Got my swimsuit the other day lol. I WILL be able to wear this by summer!
  • Oh2BeMaintaining
    Oh2BeMaintaining Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm starting W4 today and I have to say the meatless meals are playing with my head a little. I have every plan to power through the week and stay on track. Week 3 wasn't that bad but I have to say I am really happy to be winding down these 4 weeks. I am planning to do Shred weeks 3 & 4 and then back to Super Shred for 3 weeks and 6 days and then DH and I will be off on a 7 day cruise for our 30th Anniversary. The goal to lose as much as I can before that trip keeps me focused. Aside from that, I am cranky and have had a headache since I started this program. I don't understand how people say they feel great on this program, I feel like crap and my husband is a zombie by the time he gets home from work! It will be interesting to see if that changes with shred.
  • murph1777ca
    Options
    Week 4 completed for me, and 2.8 lbs down. Thank goodness some scale movement! Had so hoped for more, but it's still 13 lbs that aren't on my *kitten* any more!

Planning to do Shred week 3 until we go away, and then I'm not sure what my strategy will be. I usually just drink my calories, but that always backfires with midnight munchies.

Oh2Be - I think your results are fantastic. W4 should prove a winner for you, I think.

I confess I've felt overall pretty good on this plan, with the exception of W3. Then I was a little headachy and Bleh, but like Silly, I live in the Northeast and have been battling snowstorm after snowstorm, and that can kill the mood :-) Gearing up (down?) for another on Wednesday!

Good luck everyone! I'll be checking out for awhile come Thursday but will try to post occasionally from the high seas.

L.
  • Oh2BeMaintaining
    Oh2BeMaintaining Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am right here in the Northeast with you! I am sick of it 46 days 5 hours 7 minutes and 58 seconds until we set sail for the Eastern Caribbean! I can't wait to get out of the snow!!!!!!!