Week 3 Weigh In (3-9 February)

Options
Hi there Challengers!!

if you are starting the challenge late and only just filled your statistics in the INTRODUCTION thread, you might want to give this thread a miss, and start your updates next week. It's entirely up to you.

I generally do my weight and measurements on a Saturday morning (day after a rest day and before the gym). OR if you want to do a monthly weigh in, then you might only want to fill in your update in weeks 4, 8 and 12. Again, entirely up to you.

For those updating - just copy the text below, post a reply and fill in the blanks.

I honestly believe that weight loss is NOT just about the number on the scale, it's about having the right mental attitude as well, so please remember to read your goals and affirmations EVERY DAY to remind yourself why you are doing this! I've included some extra questions below, you don't have to answer them if you don't want to - but keeping a positive focus and congratulating yourself for the small things that you do every week is a good way to keep the ball rolling and progressing to your end point.

Achieve your nutrition and fitness goals every day and you WILL reach your 12 week goal. Start with the end in mind!!

* - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * -

Name:
Challenge Starting Weight:
Goal Weight:

Today's Weight:
Weight loss this week:

Today's Measurements:
Bicep:
Chest:
Waist:
Hips:
Thigh:

Starting Body Fat % (if known):
Goal Body Fat %:

What goals did you achieve this week?

How do you feel?

List 3 things you are grateful for?

What are you going to improve on next week?

Progress photos (optional)

Replies

• wilbernel
    wilbernel Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Name: Wilbernel / Christine
    Challenge Starting Weight: 82.5
    Goal Weight: 75 kg

Today's Weight: 80.9 kg
    Weight loss this week: NIL

Today's Measurements: everything exactly the same.
    Bicep: 31
    Chest: 106
    Waist: 94
    Hips: 108
    Thigh: 63

Starting Body Fat % (if known): 26.9
    Goal Body Fat %: 26.8

Had a pretty full on week, tried to add extra to my every day movement by wearing leg weights to most of my daily movements, shopping, work etc.

How do you feel?

Bit flat.

1. My family, kids and hubby
    2. MFP and supportinve people there
    3. Health
    Struggling a bit with all these today HA

My kids go back to school this week, so up my exercise with visits to the gym.
    Get 8 hours sleep
  • donnaleighh
    donnaleighh Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    END OF WK 2: 27.1.14

So here's a great example of why we take measurements ... this week I ate -5000 cal which should have set me up for over a .5k loss - but I weigh +100g on last week. HOWEVER, I have had over 1cm loss all round and my body fat is -1%. So in fact I AM HAPPY!!

On sly looks I have been seeing my weight fluctuate within a 1.5kg range all week - it has been so hot however and I am drinking SO much water so suspect it can be fluid or else fluid retention on account of increase exercise since I am back at the gym - lets see what next week brings :)

Name: Donna
    Challenge Starting Weight: 77.5
    Goal Weight: 72

Today's Weight: 77.0
    Last week weight 76.9
    Weight loss this week: +100g

Today's Measurements:
    Bicep: 25
    Chest: 89/106
    Waist: 89/101
    Hips: 98
    Thigh: 50

Starting Body Fat % (if known): 39.7
    Goal Body Fat %: 36
    Body fat this week: 38

What goals did you kick this week? Lots of rowing!!

How do you feel? Great!!!

List 3 things you are grateful for? Being alive, having my daughter with me for the month, sunshine!

What are you going to improve on next week? Some weight training of some form before I head off on my next field trip!
  • bigldesigns
    bigldesigns Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Name: Allie
    Challenge Starting Weight: 94.1kg
    Goal Weight: 89kg (might need to be changed)

Today's Weight: 91.8kg
    Weight loss this week: 1.1kg

Today's Measurements:
    Bicep: 35cm
    Chest: 105cm
    Waist: 96cm
    Hips: 114cm
    Thigh: 63cm

Starting Body Fat % (if known): 38.5
    Goal Body Fat %: 34.9
    Curent Body Fat %: 35.8%

What goals did you kick this week?
    I thought about my food.. added some variety..
    I ate Home Grown Zucchini nearly every day
    I battled TOM without gaining water weight :)

How do you feel?
    I'm feeling worried that the scales are going down but the cm's aren't..
    i know there was a lot of internal fat (around my liver/heart etc) that needed to come off as well.. so maybe it finally is
    Maybe it was TOM.. but I struggled this week to do anything... I don't enjoy exercising.. and i seem to be getting good at making excuses for myself.
    and I had no motivation to do any work last week.. so none got done :(

things you are grateful for?
    I am grateful that I am feeling physically a lot better than I did 3 months ago (Miles better than I did 6 months ago)
    A boss that lets me work when I feel like it. and doesn't pressure me to get things done

I need to catch up on my outstanding work.. (which means more time at the computer)
    and then try and convince myself to relieve the stress of work on the treadmill
    maybe I can try and convince a male gender person to come make me go walking in the afternoons (if its not to hot), in exchange for dinner :)
  • Flyer69
    Flyer69 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Name:Flyer69
    Challenge Starting Weight: 87.7
    Goal Weight: 79 (although over 12 weeks 82 might be more feasable)

Today's Weight:86.2
    Weight loss this week: 1kg

Bicep: 32
    Chest:102
    Waist: 102
    Hips:97
    Thigh: 51

Starting Body Fat % (if known): 25.96%
    Goal Body Fat 24%: ??

What goals did you kick this week? Most of them

How do you feel? Pretty good a little stiff from yesterdays big gym session and 10k run.

• My wife and family
    • My health
    • My MFP friends :-)

• Be a better communicator
    • Do something kind
  • EGirl7
    EGirl7 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Name: Emma
    Challenge Starting Weight: 61 kg
    Goal Weight: 55 kg

Today's Weight: 61.2
    Weight loss this week: :-(

Today's Measurements: In a fortnight I'll check this.
    Bicep:
    Chest:
    Waist:
    Hips:
    Thigh:

Goal Body Fat %:

What goals did you achieve this week? I was really good and I did a Pump class, which I've never done before.

How do you feel? I'm a bit sad about having put weight on, but I'm truly hoping that it's thanks to TTOTM, as it's just kicked it. I really hope it is.

List 3 things you are grateful for? My friends, my family and my furbabies.

What are you going to improve on next week? I am going to really try to fight against the desire to eat that TTOTM brings on. I really wanted to eat today and I had a little chocolate, but I went to the gym and did a great workout and felt really good.

• jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Name:
    Challenge Starting Weight:
    Goal Weight: 63

Today's Weight:61.6
    Weight loss this week: looking to gain but didnt

Today's Measurements: not measuring weekly.
    Bicep:
    Chest:
    Waist:
    Hips:
    Thigh:

Body fat last week 25.5%
    this week 25.9%
    I am trying to bulk so this is not unexpected

LBM however down 0.1% disappointing.

I got 3/7 early nights
    Drank about 20% less coffee

How do you feel?
    Tired. Another late one. MFP is keeping me up tonight lol

Day off tomorrow.
    Living in Australia. I went snorkelling yesterday. Amazing to see all the fish and rays.
    My son who took me to see the fish.

Workout harder, eat better, sleep more.
  • wahelga
    wahelga Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Name: Helen
    Challenge Starting Weight: 82.6
    Today's Weight: 82.6
    Weight loss this week: gain of 0.7kg - right back to where I started.

Starting Body Fat : 40.6%
    This week's body fat: 39.9% - Stable

No fat gain at all, so I'm going with muscle gain as I've been doing a LOT of stairs and did a lot of hard manual labour on the weekend. My muscles are fatigued so they've had a solid workout.

What goals did you kick this week? Happy with my exercise, my water intake and my veggie intake.

How do you feel? Sad as still sorting out Dad's estate. Has lead to some comfort eating but I've kept it reasonably under control.

List 3 things you are grateful for? The people I work with who tell me how good I look and agree to do physical challenges with me. The fact that I no longer need to travel so much for work and therefore have more time at home and find it easier to exercise. The Fringe Festival as its adding so much fun to my life at the moment.

What will I improve on next week? Ramp up stair climb training to the next level. Do a circuit on the weekend.
  • bird_3_lee
    bird_3_lee Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Name: Bird_3_lee (Ricki-lee)
    Challenge Starting Weight: 79kg (77.7 last week)
    Goal Weight: 73kg

Today's Weight: 77
    Weight loss this week: 700gr

Measuring after a month

Starting Body Fat % 26.6:
    Goal Body Fat %: 24

What goals did you achieve this week? I hit my exersisce goals of 3xC25K, 7x1hr walks & 1hr swim, No alcohol, No injury & did my best run yet

How do you feel? I feel okay but I went a little off track this week. I could of lost more if my eating had been better.

*1) my hubbie
    *2) my kiddies
    *3) my mates

Definately going to work on my diet.
  • monbot
    monbot Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Name: Monique
    Challenge Starting Weight: 54.6kg
    Goal Weight: 51-ish

Today's Weight: 53.7kg
    Weight loss this week: .3kg

Today's Measurements:
    Bicep: 25cm (-1cm)
    Chest: 83cm (-2cm)
    Waist: 65cm (-1cm)
    Hips: 93cm (-1cm. back to starting measurement)
    Thigh: 54cm (-1cm. back to starting measurement)

Starting Body Fat:20.76%
    Current Body Fat: 21.47%
    Goal Body Fat: under 20%

What goals did you kick this week? Joined a gym (Fernwood) and I'm loving it! Kept the food reasonably good too.

How do you feel? Better. Bloat came back after the weekend, but seems good again after some Yakult. Feeling a little worn out, but I've been hitting them gym alot, so I'm not worried.

List 3 things you are grateful for? Flexible work hours. The gym. Quiet time.

What are you going to improve on next week? Keep the "everything in moderation" rule while my partner is home. We tend to go out alot while he is home, and temptation gets the better of me.
  • Honeytips
    Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Name: Nelle
    Challenge Starting Weight: 67.5
    Goal Weight: 62

Today's Weight: 67.6
    Weight loss this week: nil - gained

Today's Measurements: (sorry, forgot to measure on Sunday)
    Bicep:
    Chest:
    Waist:
    Hips:
    Thigh:

Goal Body Fat %:

What goals did you achieve this week? I've been consistent with my exercise plans

How do you feel? Happy

List 3 things you are grateful for? Health, great running partners, darker mornings (not forced to get up at 4am because of sunlight!)

What are you going to improve on next week? My eating habits!!! I'm going to eat more salads

• weightywarrior
    Options
    Name: WeightyWarrior
    Challenge Starting Weight: 141kg
    Goal Weight: 130kg

Weight Last Week: 142kg
    Today's Weight: 139.8kg
    Weight loss this week: -2.2kg

Total Weight Loss: -1.2kg

Today's Measurements: Will do these next week.
    Bicep: 47cm (-3cm)
    Chest: 135cm (-2cm)
    Waist: 129cm (no change)
    Hips: 162cm (no change)
    Thigh: 80cm (no change)

Goal Body Fat %:

What goals did you kick this week? Stuck to my "clean" eating. Again. Please note that my version of "clean" might be very different to anybody else's.

How do you feel? Impressed that I could fit into a pair of jeans I haven't been able to wear for quite a while. They are a size 26 admittedly, but I still haven't been able to fit into them.

List 3 things you are grateful for? Grateful for my 2 kids who encourage me, even when I'm pretty sure they can't actually see any difference. And grateful to Amazon for sending me some shiny new workout DVDs for the XBOX 360 Kinect!

What are you going to improve on next week? Will work out at least 3 times during the coming week. I didn't accomplish this last week, but I plan to try again!
  • candirose69
    Options
    Name: Candi Rose
    Challenge Starting Weight: 80kg
    Goal Weight:74 for this challenge

Today's Weight:79.3
    Weight loss this week:+200g

Today's Measurements:
    will do next week

None really. Had a migraine from Monday onwards which put a halt to exercise and proper eating. On top of this it was my TOM which I wasnt prepared for so had a wee bit of a binge this week.
    I am however happy with 200g gain as I am in the middle of my hormonal cycle so dont think it means that much

How do you feel?
    bloated, tired, grumpy hormonal but also relieved when I saw the scale haha

My husbands support
    My sister coming to the gym with me even though i only went one day
    the great range of food I have access to

Exercise will be my focus next week and then bringing back the wheat and dairy free food the week after
  • Geisha_girl
    Options
    Name: Alicia
    Challenge Starting Weight: 64.4
    Goal Weight: 58

Today's Weight: 64
    Weight loss this week: 400g :/

Today's Measurements:
    Bicep: 27 cm
    Chest: 84cm
    Waist: 73cm
    Hips: 99.5cm
    Thigh: 53cm

Goal Body Fat %:

What goals did you achieve this week? No crappy food. AT ALL!!! Strict Paleo, exercise EVERY day.

How do you feel? Great, light, loose jeans.

List 3 things you are grateful for? My supportive Husband, MFP Crew, my new runners!!

What are you going to improve on next week? I plan to maintain how I went this week. Would like to up my insanity sessions to 3 per week.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Name: Gemma Allan
    Challenge Starting Weight: 63.2
    Goal Weight: 60

Today's Weight: 63
    Weight loss this week: 100g (again better than a loss and probably better than I deserve given the long weekend away and morning teas this week)

What goals did you achieve this week? Back to working out mon-fri, bettered my time on the 3km time trial at training. As per Skim's challange I added in two exercises that I haven't done in a looonnnggg time (bent over barbell rows and Bulgarian split squats)

How do you feel? Sore but good, ready for a massage :)

List 3 things you are grateful for? Three weeks holidays starting tomorrow, family and life itself

What are you going to improve on next week? Tricky one, stay active while on holidays and try to eat in a reasonable non-bingey manner
  • sami_83
    sami_83 Posts: 161
    Options
    Name: Sam
    Challenge Starting Weight: 96kg
    Goal Weight: 90kg

Today's Weight: 93.8kg
    Weight loss this week: 0.6kg

Today's Measurements:
    Bicep: 33.5cm (1.5cm loss since starting)
    Chest: 103cm (1cm loss since starting)
    Waist: 83cm (1cm loss since starting)
    Hips: 110cm (1cm loss since starting)
    Thigh: 71.5cm (1.5cm loss since starting)

Starting Body Fat % (if known): 33.4%
    Goal Body Fat %: 30%
    Current Body Fat %: 32.7%

What goals did you achieve this week? Lost some more weight (yay!) and logged my food as accurately as possible.

How do you feel? Very sore still (back pain is not easing) but otherwise excellent :) I feel very positive about everything.

List 3 things you are grateful for? My cooking ability- life is easier when I know that I can make anything I want and I'm not limited by a lack of skills. My workplace- the current healthy living challenge at work means there's no peer pressure to get chinese food all the time lately! My boyfriend- during his time off he's been doing more things around the house than usual which makes my life easier. He's a good egg.

What are you going to improve on next week? Next week will be hard because I'm on annual leave so I'll be at home surrounded by CHOICES. Eating at work is easy and it keeps me on track. So I will work on choosing healthier foods (except for Wednesday night when we go to Jamie's Italian- I am giving myself a free pass for that). I say I will work on meeting my calorie goals every week and to be honest I've been going a little over most days but that's okay. I have struck a little balance between sticking with the plan and being kind to myself. I will try to be more consistent.
    Another thing I'd like to do next week is some more gentle yoga. It helps my back and loosens all these random muscles that have been overcompensating. I will aim for 3x yogas.

P.S. I am loving everyone's check ins. So much progress and encouragement :flowerforyou: it's a nice group to be part of.
  • sydneybeachgirl
    Options
    Apologies fellow Trim Taut and Terrific Aussies (and of course Kiwis) for not logging in the last 2 weeks but I was busy...
    I did a triathlon on Australia Day a MEDIUM Distance for the first time (I have done 3 short ones last year) and I managed to jog 2KMs - personal best :) in terms of distance..time it took - not that good but at least I didnt give up! It was very frustrating but I did it :)

And I started to drop some weight! I checked my weight in on 4FEB at 105.7kg which is almost 2kg loss since my starting weight of 107!
    I measured 105.2 the other morning but I dont log that as those small variances dont really matter..
    If I can go below 105 I am already well onto my meeting my goal - which to keep my weight at 103 or so!

Thank you Trim, Tau and Terrific Pals for the support

Starting Weight: 107kg
    Starting Date:
    Goal Weight: 103 kg (or so)
  • DonnaW_78
    DonnaW_78 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Week 3 sucked! Up 1.2kg which I will remove in week 4! That is all!
This discussion has been closed.