any kundalini yogis?

Options
I have recently started practicing kundalini yoga and have fallen in love with it!
What kind of yoga fits you best?

Feel free to add me as well :smile:

Replies

• KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Yes! I am in love with Kundalini. I began practicing about 3 months ago and before I knew it I was going 2-3 days/week, wearing all white with the head covering and searching local organic ethical sheep farms for the perfect sheepskin...which I found this weekend :D Went last night and did the most wonderful, and fairly rigorous, kriya for prosperity which included a 14 minute chanting the the miracle mantra (guru guru guru ram guru guru ram das). I feel totally amazing!
    Sending you an add.
  • ktdeangelis
    ktdeangelis Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've done a couple of Kundalini classes at my studio, and I really do enjoy the practice. However, love, love, love vinyasa!
  • KellyUVA
    KellyUVA Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm generally a vinyasa girl, but took an ashtanga class that other day that I loved!
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Depends on my mood or how I feel.
    Anxiety or stress. Hatha
    Energy to burn feeling cabin fever vinyasa
    I love the repetitiveness of ashtanga too and enjoy trying to improve my poses to finish strong
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I've done it using the RaviAna dvds, which are hands down my very favorite yoga dvds ever. I've been doing them for years!
  • KnitChick89
    KnitChick89 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'd first started a couple years ago, using DVDs, but I'd ended up giving up on working out. I am definitely going to start again SOON! I'm delving deeper into my spirituality and the workout was wonderful, though not too challenging.

I will be going back to my Maya Fiennes videos, since I'm a SAHM and can't find the time right now to go to a class (plus they don't have any where I am, so that would be a hunt). I will definitely join a class as soon as I am able, but I do love Maya's videos! Her voice, her music and everything about it is sooooo relaxing and peaceful. :) Feel free to add me!
  • auntsammy88
    auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Just searched this because I am curious about kundalini. I've been loving the free Maya Fiennes videos on amazon prime. Bumping to read responses.
  • GibbsGirl13072
    GibbsGirl13072 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried many types of yoga, but I'm always up for something new. I'm really into my Travis Eliot DVDs right now, and I kind of like yin. I may have to try some kundalini just to check it out.
  • esmaythemermaid
    esmaythemermaid Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I took a Kundalini workshop class this weekend (there was a toga festival going on :D) and my friend and I both fell in love with it! I've been doing more research about it, as well as meditation and chakras. It's a whole new world to explore and I love it more and more! Hopefully I can start going to classes next month (when I'm not so broke -.-.