Did You Know....

Options
Julie20fan
Julie20fan Posts: 361 Member
Did you know it takes 21 days to form a new habit? What is that one bad habit that you keep telling yourself you need to stop doing? It doesn't have to be fitness or health related. Please share. Would love to hear from each of you. And for the next 21 days let's focus on changing whatever bad habit you may have. It does not need to be drastic change all at once. A slow change will be more beneficial.

Replies

• claudia799903
    claudia799903 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    One of my bad fitness habits is stepping on the scale too much. I'm gonna try and take you advice Julie and weigh myself once a month. It's going to be hard but the scale is driving me crazy anyhow because it's fluctuating from day to day. Instead I will measure myself every few weeks and also see how my clothing fits.
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    You can do it Claudia. Have faith in yourself. You will be amazed at the change in number when you step on the scale in 30 days.
  • claudia799903
    claudia799903 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks Julie!!!
  • morris76058
    morris76058 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I struggle with eating at night, after dinner, when I'm not hungry. I used to eat a string cheese or something like that. But, I've given up 98% of cheese. I try to keep more calories for my dinner and plan for a healthy post dinner snack.

I can be 100% on plan until the evening. That's when I can blow my whole day by eating out of boredom. Of course I always want carbs and not healthy choices.

The last 4 days I have done well. I allow myself a Quest Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bar for my after dinner snack. This provides me 21g of protein, low fat, and high fiber.

I'm hoping if I can keep this up, I will wean myself of my night time snacking. I don't even want to do the Quest bar every night. I would like to have my dinner, finish my water goals for the day, then go to bed!

So, I will try doing the Quest bar for 21 days, then try to wean off of it.
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    I struggle with eating at night, after dinner, when I'm not hungry. I used to eat a string cheese or something like that. But, I've given up 98% of cheese. I try to keep more calories for my dinner and plan for a healthy post dinner snack.

I can be 100% on plan until the evening. That's when I can blow my whole day by eating out of boredom. Of course I always want carbs and not healthy choices.

The last 4 days I have done well. I allow myself a Quest Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bar for my after dinner snack. This provides me 21g of protein, low fat, and high fiber.

I'm hoping if I can keep this up, I will wean myself of my night time snacking. I don't even want to do the Quest bar every night. I would like to have my dinner, finish my water goals for the day, then go to bed!

So, I will try doing the Quest bar for 21 days, then try to wean off of it.

See, you are focused and yes you can do anything you set your mind to and make it a habit within 21 days. We often times do not take a good look at ourselves and see what bad habits we have. Then a light bulb goes off and it's like wow I did that. Then you decide to make a change and that's where the 21 days comes in. If you replace one bad habit with a new better habit it will become a part of your life within 21 days. You can do it.