Successful Hunt Thread

Options
13»

Replies

• missigus
    missigus Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Well, I have a regular buck tag for our area for rifle, which has a bonus tag for a doe because of over-population. Then I have a state wide archery for a buck and antlerless. I have a statewide for another Buck and Doe (hunters weapon choice in season). My Husband has the same. We have never taken over 5 total in a season. We pretty much eat all that thru the year and gift people we know who love venison sausage etc. The tags just give us more options on areas to hunt and ways to hunt. I would love to get my doe or even a buck yet by archery. The hubby has yet to get anything...he didn't see "the one" yet, plus he'd really like to harvest one by bow as well this time.

That was a BIG Yote by the way! Beautiful thick looking fur. Most around here are scraggly looking.
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    that is a couple of great deer! Nice job.

I spent the weekend in Vermont where they have a 3 point minimum. I had a doe and button buck run less than 10 yards from me. The button stopped and i could've spit on him. They take off into the pines and come back with a spike giving chase. I grunt at him and he stops about 20 yards broadside. I have the scope on his head hoping to see that third kicker but nothing. It was fun to watch him chase the doe around while she wanted nothing to do with him.
  • CarrieBeard
    CarrieBeard Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Sooo Glad your were able to post the photos! GREAT JOB!!!! Really nice deer! I am still trying to get a buck.
    CONGRATS to both of ya! :happy:
  • CarrieBeard
    CarrieBeard Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    THAT is a big coyote! Mississippi could use your help. Between the coyotes and the wild hogs, the rest of the wildlife is suffering!
  • hunter1025
    hunter1025 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Missigus

Those are awesome bucks you guys got. Congrats.

Our bear season opens Sat. and runs 3 days. Unfortunately I won't be going due to not enough vacation time. I have 2 days left which I will be using for the first 2 days of our rifle season which is the Monday after Thanksgiving. Work always gets in the way lol.
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Goose season opened here yesterday, November 23rd. These were shot from our property, honestly almost the back porch.

Goose11-24b_zpsa6161dd4.jpg

Goose11-24c_zpsbcc68882.jpg
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    I guess that makes getting them home quite easy!!!
  • Nanadena
    Options
    I guess that makes getting them home quite easy!!!

Exactly! And so easy to cook!
  • hunter1025
    Options
    Congrats on the Geese.
  • Nanadena
    Options
    2013 Colorado deer season is complete!

deerpopsc2013_zpsf652e982.jpg

Mydeer2013_zpsa48acbb4.jpg
  • hunter1025
    Options
    Congrats on the deer.

Out first day of our rifle season was yesterday. I got a doe and my son got a 3 point. Very good first day for us.
  • Nanadena
    Options
    Fantastic Hunter1025 ! How many can you get?
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Got a 4 point on Nov 17th and a Doe Thanks giving day. Hoping to get the kids out to get one more in the Muzzle-loader season.
  • hunter1025
    Options
    @ Nanadena

We can get 1 buck and depending on what area we hunt from 3 doe in normal areas to unlimited in special reg areas. I have shot 2 does so far this year. 1 in the special reg area and 1 in the regular area. We still have 1 more week for our rifle season, so hoping to get a few more.

@ Trackercasey

Congrats
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    congrats hunter and Tracker.

shotgun opened here on Monday. I saw the *kitten* end of a deer at 6:40am and then nothing. and it rained all day.

Tuesday morning I slipped on black ice and damaged my LCL. now in a brace from ankle to thigh. hopefully I can get out of this thing soon so I can get back in the woods.
  • hunter1025
    Options
    Damn vaderandbill hope you get better. That sucks.
  • tedavis60
    tedavis60 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Success in archery elk in MT. See first couple of pics in profile. Its open. This guy scored 359 B&C (could put in in Pope and Young registry if I wanted). Fun DIY hunt on MT public dirt. I have taken a few elk in that country.
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    Congrats on the elk. that is great
  • hunter1025
    Options
    Very nice elk. Congrats