Looking for friends on Phase 1

Options
Hi,
My mom got me onto IP 3 weeks ago after she lost some 70lbs. I am now trying my best to get down to my goal weight and would love some friends on phase one.

Clare

Replies

• cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Hi Clare,

I am going into my third week on IP as well - so far so good.
  • ljlantgen
    ljlantgen Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I started phase one on 11/5. I am down 25 pounds with about 15 to go. It's hard but sooo worth it. Yesterday someone told me my jeans looked baggy. That made me smile. A month ago they were too tight.
  • latalaxman
    Options
    I also just joined on January 12. I am doing OK. But am struggling because my family is picky eaters. When I cook for them my favorite food, it is hard. The aroma itself is just killing me. Due to weather conditions I have not had my 1st week weigh-in yet. Everything is closed. One of my weakness was/is snacking. I used to snack all the time. This is a habit hard to break especially in stressful work situation. I have not found any support person to join and go through this process with me. So here I am hoping to get some support here. Cost is high. But I assume that if my health deteriorate will cost more.... So here I am trying hard.
  • jan5500
    jan5500 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I started IP on December 6, 2013. Just finished my 8th week on the program and I am down 22 pounds. Better still is all of the inches lost. I have gone from a tight size 12 to a comfortable size 8. There are days that I feel bored or anxious to be finished with Phase I, but then I remember how far I have come in this short amount of time. No going back to that person who hated walking past a mirror! I just set another goal of the next 10 pounds. With IP I am confident I can do it!
  • cindylieu13
    Options
    I started IP May 1st 2012 and stopped June 2nd 2013. I lost over 120 pounds and countless inches. I was on so many medications, and my size 24 jeans were so tight. I couldn't stand the thought of getting a bigger size. During the next couple of months I joined the gym and started working out, gaining muscle. It was awesome! I never felt better. Was it hard? yes!! Did I cheat? never. not once. I swear. They said I was one of their most successful clients. It CAN be done. Let me know if I can help!
  • julie82070
    julie82070 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, all!!! I just finished week 3 of IP... I was pretty discouraged this week because my scale wasn't budging, despite ramping up my workouts, and not cheating. I just weighed in, and although I was only down 2 pounds, I have lost FOUR pounds of FAT during the past week (my water was up 2 lbs -- ate something salty, probably). I find that terrifically exciting... I picked up the 1 lb. "blob" of fat they have sitting there and said a little goodbye to those 4 disgusting pounds. It was a difficult week, but I'm re-energized and am realizing this really is working! Like everything, it just takes time and dedication. :flowerforyou:
  • IdealJessica
    Options
    HI there,

Not sure really what to say. I have my first meeting with my coach feb 12th so I haven't started yet. I will start Feb 13th. I ran into a gf who is on IP and lost 77lbs in 8 months. Because it's so regimented I think this will work for me also. I've gained 70 lbs pretty quickly. I know I was 184 in July 2011 and today 265.

I googled Ideal Protein Chats and came across this one so I decided to join mfp so I can chat with you all. I don't think I will be tracking my food until I get my new food routine all sorted out.

Good Luck everyone,
    Jessica
  • pammee44
    pammee44 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am also on week #3, my husband and some friends started on January 20th. So far so good, it was hard at first but it didn't take long to no longer crave the nasty stuff we were eating before.

Feel free to friend me if you would like to.
  • ljlantgen
    Options
    Week 13 for me. I was only down .4 this week but I lost 3 3/4 inches. Also at my physical my cholesterol went from high, 209 to a normal 190! My BP medicine was cut in half and I think I will eventually not need it at all! It is a regimented diet. I need that or I would cheat. But I have had to give up some social situations so I am not tempted. I hate that part but when I think of that fat lady I saw getting out of the shower every morning I gain more resolve. Sorry, TMI. :)
    I am healthier and that makes me so happy. It is so hard when I cook for others. I made lasagna for Super Bowl Sunday and came so close to cheating but I stood firm. I told my husband at the beginning of this that he was on his own for suppers. I need to focus on myself for awhile. He was OK with that. Occasionally I will make a Sunday dinner for family who come over but not often. I need to focus on me for now.
  • xoch8402
    xoch8402 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm with you!! Add me xoch8402
  • jodmend
    jodmend Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am meeting with my coach and starting today! Would love to have support and friends who are also on this path. I have never done anything like this before
  • skaner
    skaner Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just went to my first meeting and will start on Friday.I have a business trip this week and didn't want to start out on this journey having to navigate through restaurants and business lunches. I know 4 people who have done very well on this program and I am highly motivated right now. I look forward to reading about your journeys. We can do it!
  • carriesalinas
    carriesalinas Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been on for a few weeks. I started the beginning of January. Somewhat slow weight loss so far, but inches gone. Frustrated!
  • egd434
    egd434 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have purchased the food, completed the initial consultation, and plan to start on Saturday. Seems rather expensive. I am a bit worried about the VERY low level of calories I will be eating. On blood pressure and thyroid medicine, but the PA tells me there is no need to worry. Any advice for someone who will soon start this program?
  • hippie25
    hippie25 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3 of Phase one and have had my ups and downs already. Day 2 was better than day 1 but as of right now my stomach is growling. I am trying to drink as much water as possible. My over all goals are slightly complicated. I was put on this diet my my reproductive endocrinologist in or to lose about 10 pounds to get ready for IVF. In my dreams I in vision myself not just 10 lbs lighter, but 40 lbs lighter. But that idea is on hold until after I have a healthy baby which has been my husband and my dream that hasn't been achieved despite our efforts for 3 years. So, I am not sure how long I will be on this diet before the IVF works but I am aiming at losing those 10 lbs the doctor ordered! And so far so good. I am sticking with this everyday and have not cheated once... that's an accomplishment for me since I have tried many other diets and ultimately failed. I'm finding the food to be on the flavorless/unappetizing side but the recipes to jazz the packets up have helped. Thank you PInterest! Feel free to add me as a friend! You can never have too much support! :happy:
    Jessica
  • ljlantgen
    Options
    Hang in there you can do it! I have a IP mentor at work who lost over 100 lbs. She suggested warm water, add a little lemon if you want. That makes your stomach 'think' it has food in it. It helped me over some bad spells. Good luck to you!
  • ljlantgen
    Options
    Work the plan, it works! The first two weeks were hard for me. Once you get into a routine it gets better. I find buying a lot of veggies and meat and pre-packaging help me a lot. Then everything is ready to go! Eat a lot of ice berg lettuce. I did find I had to take myself out of some social situations because it was just to hard but I survived and I feel great! I was on two BP medicines and my cholesterol was high. In just this short time, I am off all BP meds and my cholesterol is normal.
  • jan5500
    jan5500 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My coach warned me that the first three to five days can be hard for many people. She called me each evening the first week to help me stay accountable. As you begin to burn stored fat, some of the hormones stored with them can cause you to struggle. It is short term and so worth it! Keep at it. Think about your ultimate goal and stay focused.
  • adricot77
    Options
    Hi girls my name is Adriana and I started the IP diet I need sunday, that day was horrible, I thought I was give up...but I keep strong every day!!!!
  • QueenOSpades
    QueenOSpades Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I've been on Phase 1 for close to 8 weeks now and lost about 20lbs. I was expecting more, but switched coaches this week and I'm feeling much more motivated!

Add me if your looking for diary sharing and encouragement :)