Percentage of Fat/Carb/Protein

Options
charleigh78
charleigh78 Posts: 247 Member
What percentage is your Fat/Carb/Protein? Just curious :)

Replies

• Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Roughly:
    ln7anhe.jpg
    HGGihx2.jpg
    WZ8pil0.jpg
    GXHKMlg.jpg
    nlYXXmu.jpg

^That's over a weekly basis, not daily, so averages.

I don't really use percentages on here, I find them somewhat arbitrary. Just set protein and fat minimums and get the rest of my cals from whatever, carbs, fats or proteins. Allows me to eat whatever I want when with friends or family without being OCD or worrying about macros, provided I have already hit my protein and far. Easier, less stressful, imo Considering my goal is to gain, however, my carb percentage is the most dominant percentage.

That, and carbs are cheaper.
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    Options
    I eat 70-75% fat,20% protein and 5% carbs..I struggle with sugar and this seems to keep me in check…I also am IF'ing at the moment and this seems to help with sugar cravings as well.
  • alexotica
    alexotica Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    55-65% Fat
    15-25% Carbohydrates
    10-15% Protein
  • tanyam82
    Options
    ~50-60% fat, 20-35% protein, 15-25% carbs. Not really trying to follow any particular %, but that is where they are falling.
  • naariel
    Options
    Loosely
    Carbs 5-30% (this past week I was around 10% apparently.)
    Fats 45-60% (past week 50%)
    Proteins 25-40% (past week just under 40%)
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    25%carbs, 25%protein, 50%fats.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    It depends on what I'm trying to do, if I'm lifting for mass gain:
    50% fat, 25% carbs, 25% protein

If I'm trying to cut (ketosis):
    70% fat, 10% carbs, 20% protein

If I'm taking a break entirely:
    35% fat, 40% carbs, 25% protein
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    When I first started out and I was very obese and sick (pre-diabetic, depressed, BED etc). I was 75-80% fat, 15-20% protein, and 5% carbs.

Now I have my settings at 70% fat, 20% protein and 10% carb. I was still keeping my carbs well under on most days. I've been playing with higher protein over the last few days. I'm having some issues right now that I'm mixing things up to try to figure out.

I will always keep my fat 60% and higher and carbs on the lower end. It works best for me.
  • karen1105mfp
    karen1105mfp Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    40 fat / 40 protein / 20 carb
  • abbicuss
    abbicuss Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    karen1105 can i ask what your daily calorie goal is? i really want to try cutting out dairy but am struggling to keep my protein up. i am currently working for 40 carbs / 40 protein / 20 fat. its been working mostly but i still bloat a lot so i want to see if no dairy helps..