Sick kids=no time for me!

Options
Feeling a bit down today. I was doing FABULOUS these last 2 weeks incorporating exercise in my routine and feeling great. Sunday I had to work from home, so that was a write off, then my oldest girl got sick with an awful cough and now last night my younger babe started in with it and woke up at 11 vomiting all over the bed. She was up until the wee hours.
I know I'll be indoors with them again today. Tomorrow I have Zumba and Friday night is hot yoga, I`m sure they will be right as rain at the weekend and we`ll go outdoors.
I`m just having a sulk because I exhausted, and was seeing result and am afraid that I will undo all my hard work! Trying to stay within my calorie goal...but I found it really hard when I was up until about 3am!

Replies

• MrsG31
    MrsG31 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    It's tough when the kiddos are sick, for so many reasons! I don't know what advice to give, but can understand where you are coming from. I am a professional at letting the smallest speed-bump derail me and giving myself passes. I am trying to do better, because it is not just with fitness and food choices that I can get lazy about, so I try to not beat myself up too much.

And don't forget rest is important too! I know when my kiddos are sick they tend to nap a lot - maybe you could take one too? :)

Hope they feel better soon and that they don't pass it around!
  • jkner4
    jkner4 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yep. I always fail miserably when my kids are sick. I say: do your best, don't beat yourself up (as a lot of it is out of your control) and get back on track when all are well.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Taking care of sick little ones is way more important than a few hundred calories.

Hang in there, and work your butt of when you get that time to yourself! Don't stress :)
  • ProjectYummyMummy
    ProjectYummyMummy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've just recently had to deal with my baby having chicken pox for 3 weeks, and then I got the flu for one. This was all less than 2 weeks after I "committed" to looking after me. I just did what I needed to do "most" of the time and still managed to lose 3kgs. It was short of my target of 5kg for the month; but at least I haven't completely derailed. I still tried to eat properly most of the time, even without going to gym; which often meant I was hungry most of the time.

Anyway, for exercise, I either took public transport instead of my car to work to get in 10-15 mins of walking in either direction. Walked to the store and church, instead of driving. And when I REALLY couldn't leave the house, I just danced with my boys (even just for one song) just to keep moving.

So, while I was a little disappointed about missing gym, I didn't throw my whole plan out of the window. I just kept doing the little that I could to keep going.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean .... hugs! My 2 kids are down with flu, got it from school *sigh*
    But, if I don't succeed today, I will try again tomorrow!
    Hang in there!!!
  • planetjen79
    planetjen79 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    thank you so much for all the kind words and support. I tend to get obsessed with things when I first start, so I can be way too hard on myself. But as my favourite quote goes 'Don't let perfection get in the way of good'.
    We're still home today. I've been doing well all in all with calorie intake, so I should chill out. I'm going to try to go to Zumba tonight even though I have a tickly cough and am exhausted, but I really want to go!
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    www.fitnessblender.com has some great workouts like pilates, yoga, HIIT, low impact cardio, bodyweight training, mommy & baby workouts that you can do from home. The workouts range from 10mins to over an hour. Check it out.
  • planetjen79
    planetjen79 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I made it to Zumba but now I'm struck down with this awful
    Bug. I have asthma as well so I'm knocked for six. Next week will be better!