New week check in 2/2/14

Options
ICarla
ICarla Posts: 200 Member
Ok Guys, I'm a couple days late. But how are we doing? I didn't do well last week. My daughter caught the flu and had pneumonia so I was busy. I'm going to re-do week one starting tonight. I'm more focused now than ever!!!!

Replies

• Hearndt
    Hearndt Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I brought my running gear to work today and am hoping to find the motivation to go on my lunch break... It will be day 1, week 1 for me.
  • mrsjones2point0
    mrsjones2point0 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I pulled some weak-@$$ moves today at the gym, but I got there, lol. New work schedule dictates new gym time, and its throwing me off (and I brought the X-trainers instead of the running shoes, LOOK AT ALL MY EXCUSES)

Tomorrow I will be re-doing W4D3, for the second time, to completetion.

I have to get out of my own head, my mind is killing me more than my body is!
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I started week 2 today and feeling energized!! I was kinda freaking out about moving from 60 seconds of jogging to 90 seconds -- but you know what? It was easy! I am still going super slow... so that helps. I'm really just trying to focus on endurance and make it enjoyable. I can always improve my speed later...

Have a great week everybody!!
  • GetFitForAJ
    GetFitForAJ Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I did Week4 day 1 yesterday. The last 5 minutes jogging was too difficult for me. i had to split it with a walking break after 2.5 minutes of jogging. I am gonna repeat Day1 until I can jog all the 5 minutes.
  • maieranne77
    maieranne77 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    W2D2 done this morning! Boom!
  • piercedee
    piercedee Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Starting week 5 day 1 today and my legs and @$$ are sore from 30DS. should be interesting. We all can do this - your mind really does hold you back more than your body.
  • tedsmama
    tedsmama Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Week 4 day 1 today. Was pretty tough, but was proud of myself for finishing. :glasses:
  • JourneyingJessica
    JourneyingJessica Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I had a crappy c25k day today. Im hanging out on week 2, I've been doing well at 4.6/3.5 but today i just couldn't do it. So i did a few between 4-4.5/3.3 and the last one i pushed and did a 4.7/3.5. I needed a win. Then i walked for another couple miles after to total of 4.
  • cofomostwanted
    cofomostwanted Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Just finished Week 6 Day 2. This will be my last interval running. Starting Friday I won't have any runs less than 25 minutes! That is really scary to me so for my motivation I picked out some workout clothes that I get to buy once I have completed C25k. Also next week I will be staying in a motel all week so I will have to go use the treadmills at the hotel. I hope nobody is in the room at the same time as me! I like looking miserable in my own home where nobody but the kids are watching.
  • ICarla
    Options
    Just finished Week 6 Day 2. This will be my last interval running. Starting Friday I won't have any runs less than 25 minutes! That is really scary to me so for my motivation I picked out some workout clothes that I get to buy once I have completed C25k. Also next week I will be staying in a motel all week so I will have to go use the treadmills at the hotel. I hope nobody is in the room at the same time as me! I like looking miserable in my own home where nobody but the kids are watching.

LMAO!!! I feel the same. I don't like to have that ugly face in front of people.
  • ICarla
    Options
    I had a crappy c25k day today. Im hanging out on week 2, I've been doing well at 4.6/3.5 but today i just couldn't do it. So i did a few between 4-4.5/3.3 and the last one i pushed and did a 4.7/3.5. I needed a win. Then i walked for another couple miles after to total of 4.

Great job! Remember its endurance not speed. Keep going!
  • ICarla
    Options
    Week 4 day 1 today. Was pretty tough, but was proud of myself for finishing. :glasses:

We're proud of you too. Week 4 is where it starts getting tough!
  • krazykando
    Options
    Tonight is week 4 day 3. The first day I was not looking forward to that 5 minute run but it wasn't that bad. Due to cold/snow here I have had to do this whole week on treadmill instead of outside.
  • cofomostwanted
    cofomostwanted Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Week 6 Day 3 done. I don't want to scare anyone but it was very very hard. You have to have will power and determination. I am a very stubborn person so I think that is the only reason I finished. Each minute I kept telling myself to just run for 1 more minute and I did that for the last 15 minutes. Another thing that kept me going was thinking about being able to post that I finished it! This group is an amazing motivator for me! I ran at a 5.0 which is the speed I've been running all along at a 1.5 incline.
  • mrsjones2point0
    mrsjones2point0 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I've missed running the last 3 days, I feel like a slug - like I'm letting myself down. Trying to find a way back to the gym tonight to get in W3D3. . . every excuse in the book this week. They moved our work start time to 6 am. 5-6am has been my gym time for the last 3 months, so now I would have to do 4:30-5:30 and then get dressed and ready at the gym. OMG, that is early y'all! I'm going to give it another go next week. Then today, SNOW, snow made me late for training day, so I didn't get my run in first, which was the intention.

I'm just having an off week. Looks like W3 is a DO-OVER! And it will be done over!!!!!

5 weeks to St. Patty's day run!!!!!

I won't be through the C25K, but I will be far enough in to it to not do horrible!