Arm Lift / Bat Wings / Brachioplasty Surgery

Options
Hi All...

So I'm now 19 months post op and have pretty much leveled out. I'm 205 lbs right now and both my surgeon and plastic surgeon agree that I have approximately 25-30 lbs of excess skin.

So in 3 weeks I have my first of 3 surgeries scheduled. This time they will be doing the Arm Lift, plus lipo on my saddlebags.

I'm just wondering what other's experiences have been with these types of surgeries.

Thank you.

Replies

• shaynemkeeler
    Options
    never had the plastic surgery hoping i won't have too but that is awesome congrats on your loss :)
  • Agate69
    Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I had abdominoplasty, paniculectomy, and a little lipo on back waist area in oct. Wonderful results. Developed a hernia post tummy tuck. Had that repaired yesterday. Now back to gym. Plastic surgeon said I would not see final image for a year.
  • aimeef12
    aimeef12 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    are you paying for these or is your insurance covering it?
  • SarahG626
    SarahG626 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I had RNY in January 2001. Since then I've had paniculectomy (tummy tuck), thighplasty, brachioplasty, and breast augmentation (filler). I lost almost 11 lbs of skin and had wonderful results. I asked a lot of questions of my surgeon with each surgery, especially what NOT to do when I got home. DO NOT DO LAUNDRY after a tummy tuck. Lots of bending contributed to one of my internal stitches coming apart and I ended up with open "wound" that had to heal from inside out. It left a nasty scar but I use it to remind me of my former 336 lb self and that I WILL NOT end up that heavy ever again!

I purchased toilet seat riser for after tummy tuck/thighplasty. Borrowed wheelchair from my church after thighplasty. No risk of opening any incisions. I purchased compression sleeves for after brachioplasty to wear out or when I went back to work to promote healing of skin back to muscle. Don't have much sag left there!