Needing some advice guys

Options
Ok so we all know weight loss with PCOS is harder and all that but I've literally reached the end of my tether and don't know what to do. I'm only 19, obese, and absolutely cannot lose weight, yet I completely hate the way I look. I'm on metformin but that doesn't seem to help, I walk about 15,000 steps a day, I only eat about 1200 calories (yes I've tried eating more and less than doesn't help either) I literally don't know what to do!

Quite frankly just want to curl up in a ball and cry about the fact I'm never going to weigh a normal amount. I just can't physically lose weight and I don't know why. Doctors are useless they just say you must be eating wrong or similar. What do I do? I'm literally having a melt down?

Replies

• goingtodoit15
    goingtodoit15 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've tried low carb, low gi and all of that, doesn't seem to help either
  • bribrijean234
    bribrijean234 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I completely understand your frustration, I've been there. For me so far the metformin seems to be working, but it's not a miracle pill and doesn't work for everyone. Can I ask how long you tried each of those diets for? Have you tried the insulin resistance diet? I started off trying that (not to the letter but the basic principles of it) - try to pair your carbs with protein at a 2:1 ratio. They say you shouldn't have more than 30 grams of carbs at any given meal (with at least 15 grams of protein if you max up to the 30 on carbs). And wait at least two hours before eating your next meal or snack. If you haven't tried that, might be worth a shot.

You might want to open your diary for everyone to view too, that might help us give you some good suggestions. :) hang in there! You can lose the weight, might just take a lot of trial and error before you find the right formula for success.
  • lizz2013
    lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hey natz. I know the feeling and am going through it right now. It is infuriating!
    I guess the main thing is consistency. Make sure all of your 1200 calories are nutritious and low carb. Sounds like you're pretty active, but have you tried weight training? The extra lean muscle should help you shift fat. It works for me I just have trouble sticking too it. But opening up your diary to your friends on here will definitely help. Sometimes others can pick up on something that might be holding you back. Stay with it. We're here for you!