Wednesday Feb 5th Check-in

Options
Sorry! I was out late last night celebrating my step-dad's birthday and posting the new thread totally slipped my mind!

Step 1: Give us a shout when you are done logging for the day (or meal if you want) or if you have questions during the day. This is where we should check in and motivate one another! Be blessed and eat healthy and clean!

Step 2: Anything that came in a package. Does it contain more than, say, 5 ingredients? Are those ingredients real food? Is there a better alternative?

Have an AMAZING day!

Replies

• FitFoodieMomBillie
    FitFoodieMomBillie Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Evening Ladies (we are all ladies here, aren't we? I wonder why that is?)

I changed my profile pic to reflect my 6 months change. It's not as awesome as I hoped for, but not too shabby either.

Below is my food for the day. Don't be shy, tell me what you think I could do better, I'd love to know; I'm hear to learn and grow!

Be Blessed, and have a wonderful rest of your evening!
    -Billie

Within 1 Hour Of Waking
    E&E Pre-Workout Drink

Post-Workout
    Bulk Commodity - Regular Rolled Oats - Organic
    Ground - Cinnamon
    Materne - Gogo Squeez Apple Strawberry Applesauce on the Go

Lunch
    Shakeology - New Strawberry
    Publix Greenwise Market - Organic Fat Free Milk
    Arrowhead Mills - Organic Flax Seeds
    Aztec Superfood - Chia Seeds

Afternoon
    Butterball - All Natural Ground Turkey
    Sanitas - White Corn Tortilla Chips
    Generic - Vine Ripe Red Tomato
    Sargento - Parmesan - Natural Shredded Cheese

Dinner
    Fage - Nonfat Greek Strained Yogurt
    Cabernet Sauvignon - red wine
  • morethenjustmum
    morethenjustmum Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hey all

So today was
    breaks - egg whites with goat cheese and hot pepper jelly on sprouted grain bread
    morning snack - leftover smoothie from yesterday
    lunch was left over salmon from last night
    afternoon snack another cookie ( looking for that card with the recipe on it )
    dinner was meat loaf ( which was jammed with carrots and sundried tomatoes)
    and as a treat an evening snack of dark chocolate amlond honey toblerone, cause I haven't had chocolate in a week

Fit foodie , I love that you also eat a bit of your kids food, I totally do that too mmmm pureed squash lol

Okay I hate being this person.....but you asked, I (personally) am very wary of things like shakeology, I know they are supposed to be a nutrient dense lovely thing but whats the label like. I am not saying they are bad by any means I really don't know, I have never seen, tasted or read the label on one. I am a smoothie geek and feel like anything a company could do I could do cleaner. S
    But seriously your day looks great. Extra respect for the wine , ahhh how I miss her. ( still breastfeeding ALOT)

I want to add, if it works for you, nevermind to me
  • FitFoodieMomBillie
    Options
    Fit foodie , I love that you also eat a bit of your kids food, I totally do that too mmmm pureed squash lol

Okay I hate being this person.....but you asked, I (personally) am very wary of things like shakeology, I know they are supposed to be a nutrient dense lovely thing but whats the label like. I am not saying they are bad by any means I really don't know, I have never seen, tasted or read the label on one. I am a smoothie geek and feel like anything a company could do I could do cleaner. S
    But seriously your day looks great. Extra respect for the wine , ahhh how I miss her. ( still breastfeeding ALOT)

I want to add, if it works for you, nevermind to me

I LOVE applesauce, and my son only eats it when soccer season is in, and my daughter has consistency issues with it, so I buy the individual packets so that it doesn't go bad so easily. I put it in my oatmeal and in my shakes for flavor. :)

As for shakeology ... I understand wary. I think I did the programs for a year... maybe a year and a half before I ordered shakeology. I was trying to find something I liked the taste of and the ingredients of. I like both for shakeology. That's not to say that my mind can't be swayed if something better comes along, but it tasted good, I FEEL better on it, and the label is so clean that I have been giving it to my toddler/preschooler for a good 6 months, every day. I'm a crunchy mom... maybe not the most, but certainly quite a bit. Hunts up a label for you, each one is *slightly* different, so I'll just grab chocolate & chocolate vegan ....
    Chocolate label: http://images.beachbody.com/tbb/store/shakeology/pdf/ShakeologyCocoa.pdf
    Vegan Chocolate label: http://images.beachbody.com/tbb/store/shakeology/pdf/ShakeologyCholocateVegan_Ingredients.pdf

All in all... I like all of the flavors. I like the vanilla least plain, but if I add stuff to it, then it is fine. Everything else I can drink with just water (throw it in bag with a shaker cup and a bottle of water for days on the go).

I used to just go to the farmer's market and just juice stuff, but my concoctions don't always come out tasting good, and I couldn't find a protein base I liked. I also never seemed to buy the right amount of produce. Poor planning on my part, I'm sure! One day I will get there, lol!

As for the wine....I'm DONE breastfeeding :D, and any food plan that does not include at least the OCCASIONAL glass of wine is a no go. I did whole 30 for EXACTLY 30 days... that is TOUGH. It was an eye opener and really taught me a lot about prepping food and got me back into the habit of cooking clean, but it was murderous without my wine!!
  • Byantha
    Byantha Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Breakfast
    Shake-spinach, berries, coconut oil, flax seeds, water , protein pwde
    morning snack
    Gluten free blueberry muffin -
    Kraft - Smooth Peanut Butter, 1 TBSP
    Raw - Pumpkin Seeds, 0.5 Tbsp
    Liberté (Canada) - 0% Plain Greek Yogurt 500g, 3/8 cup

lunch
    Tanmura & Antle - Romaine Lettuce, 2 cups
    Pc - Mammoth Stuffed Green Olives, 4 olives
    Generic - Bell Pepper, Red, Small, 0.75
    Captain Highliner (Canada - Wild Pacific Salmon Fillet
    Campbell's - Klondike Chili

afternoon snack
    Summer Fresh - Hummus, 2 tbsp
    Generic - Raw Veges, 1 cup

dinner
    Old El Paso - Hard Shell Tacos- 2 Shells, Seasoning Mix, Taco Sauce, Prepared W/ Lean ground beef

after dinner
    Raw - Pumpkin Seeds, 1 Tbsp
    Danone (Canada) - Oikos 2% Greek Yogurt, Plain, 3/8 cup
  • FitFoodieMomBillie
    Options
    Breakfast
    Shake-spinach, berries, coconut oil, flax seeds, water , protein pwde
    morning snack
    Gluten free blueberry muffin -
    Kraft - Smooth Peanut Butter, 1 TBSP
    Raw - Pumpkin Seeds, 0.5 Tbsp
    Liberté (Canada) - 0% Plain Greek Yogurt 500g, 3/8 cup

lunch
    Tanmura & Antle - Romaine Lettuce, 2 cups
    Pc - Mammoth Stuffed Green Olives, 4 olives
    Generic - Bell Pepper, Red, Small, 0.75
    Captain Highliner (Canada - Wild Pacific Salmon Fillet
    Campbell's - Klondike Chili

afternoon snack
    Summer Fresh - Hummus, 2 tbsp
    Generic - Raw Veges, 1 cup

dinner
    Old El Paso - Hard Shell Tacos- 2 Shells, Seasoning Mix, Taco Sauce, Prepared W/ Lean ground beef

after dinner
    Raw - Pumpkin Seeds, 1 Tbsp
    Danone (Canada) - Oikos 2% Greek Yogurt, Plain, 3/8 cup

YUM! Is the GF blueberry muffin homemade? If so, can we get the recipe?
  • Byantha
    Byantha Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Gluten free blueberry muffin- can you see this:

http://aproverbs31wife.com/gluten-free-blueberry-muffins/
  • FitFoodieMomBillie
    Options
    Gluten free blueberry muffin- can you see this:

http://aproverbs31wife.com/gluten-free-blueberry-muffins/

Thanks! Bookmarking to give it a try later!