Coconut water!

Options
Hi I'm new to the group,

Just starting out this week and have just worked out my micro's and have been logging my food for the last couple of days.

Going keto isn't as easy as I thought it would be. I'm finding that carbs are in things that I didn't have a glue about and was totally shocked at how many carbs are in coconut water.....wont be drinking that again! I assumed that because coconut cream is ok that the water would be.

I'm still learning and I'm really finding it hard to eat my fat...any tips are welcomed! I'm eating cheese but I cant have cream as I find it makes me sick.

Anyway would love make friends so please send me requests and tips if you have any.

Replies

• lizettelopez88
    Options
    I don't know if you drink coffee in the morning, but I add coconut oil into mine to help with my fat intake.
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    If you are struggling with eating fats, add butter, coconut oil, cheese,nuts and heavy whipping cream.
  • quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Mayonnaise is helping me. I've made egg salad and tuna salad this week. That's helped make sure I'm hitting that fat macro. My husband is allergic to coconut (or maybe he just can't stand it, I'm not really sure) so we can't have anything coconut in the house. Even the smell bothers him. Dairy products and red meat are where I'm getting a lot of my fat from.
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I used to struggle with fat intake, and I don't drink coffee often enough to warrant bulletproof versions. If you drink coffee, try adding coconut oil or heavy cream to it. I found that eating plenty of leafy green salads with ceasar dressing would take care of it right away. I started eating more almonds and avocados, too. Cheese? Pile it on. It sounds so strange, coming from a Standard American Diet way of thinking, but it's great.
  • hernamewasdana
    Options
    Just more fat source suggestions: alfredo sauce (check labels carefully) over a stir-fry; eggs fried in bacon grease; spinach, garlic, and mushrooms sauteed in bacon grease; cream cheese spread on warm pepperoni; olives