Emergency Meal Ideas

Options
I got stuck yesterday with fast food as my only option . . .It was snowing and I didn't want to lose my super close to campus parking spot . . . . . . So I walked to get lunch . . . I ended up with a gyro . . . A 600 calorie gyro . . . Any suggestions on what you would go if the only choices were a couple a sub shops and Chipolte were the only options . . .

Replies

• bb_lose_weight
    bb_lose_weight Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    mmmm Gyro mmmmm, I like those once in a while....

I don't like Chipolte so I would end up in a sub shop. Since you didn't want to move your car due to SNOW I figure you might want something warm so I would look for soup or chili and get a cup of that and pair it with a salad. If the don't have a salad just order a sub without Mayo and other calorie dense toppings like Oil. Then just eat soup and sandwich. That should fit in your macros easier than a 600 calorie gyro.

Also, helps to carry some protein meal bars or some trail mix (yeah it is high in calories too). Not the most tasty dinner but it works.
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I usually have a couple of Quest bars on me at all times. I find that it will keep me at the "not so hungry" stage until I can find an appropriate meal.

That being said....I don't think the occasional high calorie meal is really that big of a deal. As long as you get back on track, that is. :)
  • sarahinsunshine
    sarahinsunshine Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'd probably go for a naked chicken burrito (I guess now they're probably called burrito bowls?) at Chipotle but just eat half. Never calorie-counted that, but seems like the right amount of food.
  • laurasaintlouis
    laurasaintlouis Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I usually have a couple of Quest bars on me at all times. I find that it will keep me at the "not so hungry" stage until I can find an appropriate meal.

That being said....I don't think the occasional high calorie meal is really that big of a deal. As long as you get back on track, that is. :)

Where do you buy the Quest bars? I have read those are good.
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options

Where do you buy the Quest bars? I have read those are good.

I buythem at GNC but I believe you canget them online also.