Starting Grad School

Options
Hey everyone I'm looking to start Graduate school this coming fall, and I'm super nervous and excited. Hoping to get closer to reaching my weight goal before then- hopefully it'll be easier to manage? *Add me!* I need support and I'm sure there are plenty others who need it too:smile:

Replies

• Gatubela01
    Gatubela01 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Grad school is awesome, stressful, and crazy all at once. Having a good support network in place will definitely help you stay on track. Welcome!
  • ultrachickenburger
    Options
    Hey everyone I'm looking to start Graduate school this coming fall, and I'm super nervous and excited. Hoping to get closer to reaching my weight goal before then- hopefully it'll be easier to manage? *Add me!* I need support and I'm sure there are plenty others who need it too:smile:
    I have the exact same goal, age and plan as you :)
  • serrazee
    serrazee Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Hey!

That's a great goal! I did the same thing, it was my goal to go into grad school having lost weight and gained confidence. It's a good confidence booster that can affect your determination (something that is needed in grad school for sure!).
  • shanpwn
    shanpwn Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm in my 5th year of grad school and if you have any questions, let me know! I'll totally add you.
  • eschang99
    eschang99 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Finished a master's over the summer and I am in my first year of PhD now. Probably going to add all of you guys -- it helps to know other folks who are trying to lose weight while dealing with grad school stuff!
  • chelseac1014
    chelseac1014 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I plan on starting grad school in the fall. I plan on meal prepping my food to help me stay on track. Feel free to add me anyone
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm applying to graduate school for this fall, also! Feel free to add me!
  • lewiater
    lewiater Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am in my second semester of graduate Pharmacy school. Only 3 more years left after this!!
  • JuliaAS
    JuliaAS Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Finishing Grad School in less than 2 months!! Currently in my last session of midterms. It was a wonderful and exciting time, but super stressful. If I can help anyone out in their journey, please let me know. As always, feel free to add me and we can offer support to one another!
  • Kyakshe
    Kyakshe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh grad school. First off, congratulations for that decision. I'm in the 6th year of my Ph.D., so feel free to throw questions my way.
  • csontos
    csontos Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm starting grad school in the fall too! That is my biggest motivation for loosing weight :D
  • Dschnei475
    Dschnei475 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I am starting in the Fall too :)
  • kristinincursive
    Options
    I'm starting in the Fall as well. I'm hoping to lost another 20lbs before then and reach my goal weight by Christmas! Definitely won't be easy with the stress of my first year of a PhD program but hopefully all the biking will help.