Carb-refeed results

Options
llfretwell
llfretwell Posts: 218 Member
I am still trying to figure out the best route for me for weight loss and have been reading a lot about carb nights and carb-refeeds. I would love to hear some stories from people who have tried these out. I like the idea but it scares me at the same time. Please educate me!!! :)

Replies

• JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I could be wrong but I think were too early in the game to let the carbs win ( er In - lol ) The reason I say that is the water/reserve weight will fill up wont it? Are you a heavy excersizer and need the boost? Or are you missing carbs? I also might be wrong in assuming you're newish to Keto, like my self?

57250916.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I think about this differently..... I consider myself a carb addict and if I suffer an addiction I do not want to introduce that back into my body ( I eat 20 grams of carbs a day or less). During the first few days of carb restriction most people will go through what we call the keto flu.... Well I call that carb withdrawals.... It took my body a few days to adapt to the lack of carbs and to start using fat as its primary energy source. If I eat more carbs its primary source of energy will be glycogen (carbs) and my body will not use my fat stores...

I have been in the game since late October so I am no expert by any means, however this is how I rationalize my continued restrictions of carbs.
  • traerjudy
    traerjudy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this also. I wasn't even sure there was such a thing as sugar addiction until I gave up the carbs. Now I KNOW there is and I also know if I give in and have bread or sugar I will continue to. I think of it like being a former smoker (which I am). I don't want a cigarette in the least right now. It's been 17 years for me, but if I went completely nuts and hacked myself through one I would be out buying a pack before the night was over...and just as addicted as I was before.
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    Each person is different but you need to reload carbs or reefed if your competing in triathlons and iron man competitions or need energy/performance for activities which need sudden busts.I do just fine with out reloading carbs even on my runs longer than 2 hrs on Sundays. I am training for an half marathon and do p90x3 in addition to my running. You might as well eat carbs every day if you are going to carb load with out exercise.
  • sewsinthesouth
    Options
    Have you read Carb nite Solution by Keifer? He gives some very sound scientific evidence on how carb refeeding helps you lose fat.
    You have to do what works for your body. But check it out if you are curious.
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    In the past (and probably the near future) I've done 6:1. 6 days of low-carb, one day of whatever I wanted, carbs or sugar. I've noticed that at about 2 days after the carb binge day, I've dropped a pound or two. It tricks the body somehow, and it gives us low-carbers a chance to "cheat".

I'm all for it :)