Recess...short but...still

Options
mwhite61451
mwhite61451 Posts: 209 Member
Today was my first excercise day since Monday...longest lull since November. DId not log for 3 days!! Anybody else done something similar recently?? Only gained 1 lb. I did something similar last month ot of frustration and then proceeded to lose 10 lbs. My assumption is that if I keep my body guessing, it won't settle.

Replies

• rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Today was my first excercise day since Monday...longest lull since November. DId not log for 3 days!! Anybody else done something similar recently?? Only gained 1 lb. I did something similar last month ot of frustration and then proceeded to lose 10 lbs. My assumption is that if I keep my body guessing, it won't settle.

*shrugs* I think it's ok to take a break occasionally if you need it. You're here now so obviously your goals haven't changed! I've logged everyday this week. Exercise continues to be my biggest challenge. It is frustrating sometimes!!! I know people who don't exercise at all... ever ... and they don't seem to gain weight. I don't know what they do or how they do it but they do.

For me, logging my food makes me aware and it has shut down the mindless "munching" out of boredom or whatever. I'm still losing weight but I'd probably lose more if I worked harder on the exercise.

Don't know where I"m going with this really except to say "welcome back" and you'll get no judgment from me! :flowerforyou:
  • Krikit34
    Krikit34 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    So ditto on the feelings about exercise! When will we start to love it???
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    the key with exercise is finding something you enjoy.. i like working out.. right now my workouts are at home.. cant afford a gym membership, but later i will join a gym and a running group.. for classes and meeting people. i also like variety.
  • mwhite61451
    mwhite61451 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Actually I love working out...but never have enough time. I am a numbers geek with a Garmin, so that makes me dangerous!! My primary cardio is spinning/biking...and am starting to run as well. Goal is 3 days aerobic/2 days anaerobic. I try to vary the aerobic to keep it interesting. Last Sunday (it finally got over 50 here) I rode for about an hour and averaged ~16 mph...so I know its paying off.