NSV (Non-Scale Victories)

Options

Replies

• AtLeastOnceMore
    AtLeastOnceMore Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    My 3.9km on the treadmill and stationary bike this morning meant that I have officially biked, walked and jogged my way to 100km since the start of January!
  • jls43
    jls43 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Love this thread...I've been thinking about small weekly goals...so far this week:
    I have packed healthy food every day (including a quinoa, kale, black bean salad w tahini/miso dressing --DELISH!)
    And have cut out almonds as snacks - love almonds, so healthy but was eating too many - substituted an apple and string cheese
  • Spambo16
    Spambo16 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    The lounge at my hotel puts out cookies and other desserts each evening, and I normally stay the heck away from it, but had to go up there to grab a fork this evening. Tonight, they had this amazing-looking lemon pudding cake, and I'm a total addict for lemon desserts. Instead of saying, "The hell with it!" and scarfing a piece, I cut off just the tip of one, savored those two bites as slowly as I could, and stayed within my calorie goal today, without feeling deprived.
  • lilmidnightwolf
    lilmidnightwolf Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My NSV is I finally fit into a pair of pants that were too tight! WooHOO!
  • JoyLaine
    JoyLaine Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I survived Super Bowl snacks! I just was kept my weight loss goal in mind & was tempted. It felt great not to have that after the game bloat.
  • jls43
    jls43 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I survived Super Bowl snacks! I just was kept my weight loss goal in mind & was tempted. It felt great not to have that after the game bloat.

Woo Hoo! Same here...my husband was lobbying for a pizza...to take advantage of the final "Football Special" - offered by a local restaurant: order a pizza on game day and get two free apps AND they give you a ton of bread with garlic olive oil dipping sauce.

Talked him into some rice chips, a healthy salad and a cookie instead
  • AtLeastOnceMore
    Options
    My NSV for today: Just came home in a grump because I couldn't do my swim due to a tummy blah (IBS, you heartless b****h! I was looking forward to that swim!!!:frown: ). As I stomped around my apartment in a huff, I realised that I'd done 50 minutes in the gym already (2.5km at 5km/hr on the treadmill, 16 minutes on the elliptical trainer). Just 6 weeks ago, I did 12 minutes on a stationary bike and collapsed in a heap for the rest of the day. As much as I would have loved to get in the swim, the fact that I had the drive and energy to do my 50 mins at the gym and then really want to continue on to the pool is a great achievement in itself!!!

Anyone else had an NSV in the last few days?? I think a few people are feeling a bit low this week, so let's flood the message board with our little (or big!) non-scale victories to remind us all that the number on the scale is not the be all and end all! :smile:
  • emilynbanks
    Options
    I bought two shirts that I thought would be too small for me as a goal to fit into. Even though one of them I'd like to get rid of a bit of my muffin top with first, they both fit!!!
  • AtLeastOnceMore
    Options
    I bought two shirts that I thought would be too small for me as a goal to fit into. Even though one of them I'd like to get rid of a bit of my muffin top with first, they both fit!!!

I love clothes NSVs!!! That moment when you go "oh, wow, I remember when this..." is such a boost! Go you!
  • RosieRaz
    RosieRaz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I wore two "new" shirts that my step-mom bought me 6 months ago! Also, If I could find my engagement ring, I'm pretty sure I could fit into that again too. Now, if I can only remember where I hid it from myself....
  • RosieRaz
    RosieRaz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    My 3.9km on the treadmill and stationary bike this morning meant that I have officially biked, walked and jogged my way to 100km since the start of January!

Great job Cool Chick!
  • lilmidnightwolf
    lilmidnightwolf Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    WooHoo! I found out this weekend that I went from a size 16w to a size 14w...damn big hips but so happy all the same!! :tongue:
  • Spambo16
    Options
    WooHoo! I found out this weekend that I went from a size 16w to a size 14w...damn big hips but so happy all the same!! :tongue:

Dropping a size is always FABULOUS! Congrats!
  • AtLeastOnceMore
    Options
    Put on a dress today, and smoothed it down to get rid of the wrinkles, and realised that my stomach is no longer as protruding as it has been. Went and looked at myself in the mirror and actually liked the way the dress looked on - it's a rare day when I like the way anything looks on! Also, was skyping with my mama yesterday and I had her on the kitchen bench whilst making dinner and, when I moved away to get something from the fridge she commented that I looked like I'd lost a lot of weight, and was surprised when I said it was only 1.5kg since her visit. Everything's a-changin', guys!
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'm so stoked about how much energy I have lately. I really thought that my injury was what was robbing my energy, but it was NOT working out and NOT eating well that were the culprits. Some days I am just bouncing with energy. My mood has definitely improved as well. Those are HUGE NSV's to me! :happy: :bigsmile:
  • Spambo16
    Options
    Way to go, Skittles! That energy boost is fantastic when you feel it. :flowerforyou:

My NSV this week was that I hauled my carcass out of bed to accomplish my usual T/W/Th 5 a.m. workout routines despite the horribleness of adjusting to the time change.:grumble: Tuesday morning was so bad that when I got to the hotel gym and realized I'd forgotten my heart rate monitor up in my room, my inner brat, desperate for more sleep, said, "We'll, NOW you can't work out!" WHAT?! :noway: Where did THAT come from? I'm pleased to say that I did NOT let myself skip my workout, since I'd gone a year plus exercising and losing weight without a HRM. :happy:
  • CulturedCowgurl
    CulturedCowgurl Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Put on a dress today, and smoothed it down to get rid of the wrinkles, and realised that my stomach is no longer as protruding as it has been. Went and looked at myself in the mirror and actually liked the way the dress looked on - it's a rare day when I like the way anything looks on! Also, was skyping with my mama yesterday and I had her on the kitchen bench whilst making dinner and, when I moved away to get something from the fridge she commented that I looked like I'd lost a lot of weight, and was surprised when I said it was only 1.5kg since her visit. Everything's a-changin', guys!

Awesome!!! Keep it up
  • skittlesnhoney
    Options
    Way to go, Skittles! That energy boost is fantastic when you feel it. :flowerforyou:

My NSV this week was that I hauled my carcass out of bed to accomplish my usual T/W/Th 5 a.m. workout routines despite the horribleness of adjusting to the time change.:grumble: Tuesday morning was so bad that when I got to the hotel gym and realized I'd forgotten my heart rate monitor up in my room, my inner brat, desperate for more sleep, said, "We'll, NOW you can't work out!" WHAT?! :noway: Where did THAT come from? I'm pleased to say that I did NOT let myself skip my workout, since I'd gone a year plus exercising and losing weight without a HRM. :happy:

Good job Spambo! I had a hard time dragging my booty out of bed for my 6:05 a.m. workout, can't imagine an hour earlier! I am loving the daylight later in the evening though. But yes, the time change is brutal.
  • Spambo16
    Options
    Major victory today. I was griping that I had the munchies but was trying to stay away from the vending machines, when my oh-so-helpful colleague mentioned that the new ice cream machine was goofed up and you could buy ice cream bars for 10 or 20 cents, instead of the normal $2-4. You can imagine the resulting stampede! Through willpower that surprised even me, I did not partake, and had a delicious dinner with wine and stayed under my calories.
  • skittlesnhoney
    Options
    Good for you! You showed amazing willpower, got to enjoy wine, AND didn't get trampled by the stampede!!!!