New to medifast

Options
rachaelko
rachaelko Posts: 17 Member
Hey I'm just starting can you guys give me some lean and green ideas? Also I'm a sucker for soup but heard the medifast ones aren't great are any non medifast soups approved thanks

Replies

• LogiesMom09
    LogiesMom09 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Here's to great success on Medifast. In regards to the soup, try mixing it with low sodium chicken broth and adding in approved veggies, lean protein, and/or shritake noodles. It's an approved version of traditional chicken noodle soup. As for other L&G ideas, there are tons of resources online where you can find recipes and suggestions. My favorite ones when I'm in the mood to cook are:

Sandy's Kitchen http://www.sandyskitchenadventures.com/p/medifast-recipes-only.html

Get Skinny Be Happy http://www.getskinnybehappy.com/medifast-lean-green-recipes/

Desktop Cookbook http://www.desktopcookbook.com/cookbookshare/12880/20001.htm
  • rachaelko
    rachaelko Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wonderful thank you so much!!
  • MCLA4mom
    MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hi! You'll love this program! The soups can be enhanced with spices. If you hate the cream of Chicken soup you can make it into bread. I have added some of the protein and veggies from my lean and green to my soups.
    I have a pinterest board with lots of recipes that can be adapted to all phases of the program.
    Enjoy
    Jennifer
    http://www.pinterest.com/HeathCoach/food-for-my-clients/
  • When you place your order, you can choose single packets of the Medifast meals you would like to try. That way you aren't buying an entire box, then finding you don't care for the food.
    I like the chili and the vegetable beef soup a lot. Like the others mentioned, I add spices to suit my taste. With colder weather on the way, I'll be using soups and hot drinks much more often. :)
  • pelswick74
    pelswick74 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    How are you doing so far? Today's my first day.
  • chunkygirl23
    chunkygirl23 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I could be weird but when I started medifast, I went through the lean options and decided to try one of the meatless options. I eat 2 boca burgers every night now.
  • deasiya
    deasiya Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    sandyskitchen has great recipes
  • rhopar33
    rhopar33 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi I plan to return to Medifast tomorrow. I did Medifast 3 years ago and lost a considerable amount of weight in a short period of time. I was looking at the official website and they say 1-2 lbs per week, but I could have sworn I lost more than that when I did this program three years ago. How are you guys averaging with your weekly weight loss?
  • MCLA4mom
    MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm sure your lost more than that but they have to say that for compliance reasons. It could get them into trouble if they told people they would lose quickly. I lost 17lbs my first month on the program (sh-sh-sh-) RESULTS NOT TYPICAL AVERAGE WEIGHT LOSS IS 2-5LBS THE FIRST WEEK AND 1-2 EACH WEEK THERE AFTER:)
  • dashdoll9
    Options
    any advice someone new to the program?
  • kmarshalljansen
    kmarshalljansen Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Try very hard not to cheat for the first 3-5 days, despite really wanting to. If you make it through the first week, it gets a lot easier!

Split your Lean and Green.

Drink lots and lots of water.
  • mgillis1971
    mgillis1971 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Medifast is a great program! The first few days are pretty rough but stick with it! I am starting my 4th week tomorrow. I started the plan at 250.2. The first week I lost 7.5, the second week I didn't lose but I think it was because of my TOM. This week I am positive that I lost, will find out in the morning. You will be amazed in how much more energy you have after only a week! Good luck!

Like the last person said,drink a lot of water and try to stay positive :)
  • pelswick74
    pelswick74 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    If you add fat free, low sodium chicken stock to the MF soups, then they'll taste yummy! I enjoy the chicken noodle soup and the chicken and wild rice soup. Good luck!
  • keopeo
    keopeo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi MediLosers! I am new to MF, I ordered my food however it has not been delivered yet. I am hoping to get some support from those that have been on MF and are having great (or maybe not so great) results.. hopefully we will be able to encourage one another. I am looking to lose 30lbs! Good Luck to All and please add me as friend!