T-25 hours

Options
So I have surgery tomorrow morning at 730 am, gastric bypass RNY. my nerves are starting to kick in now for sure! I have to drink the magnesium citrate in about 1 1/2 hour and nothing but clear liquids today... it's going to be an interesting day. I'm thankful for this opportunity and when ppl say this is the easy way out, no way! I've worked for every pound lost up until this point and will have to continue to fight after surgery to get to where I want to be... no one understands your personal struggle so I will do my best to ignore the judgement. You know what they say about opinions... have good day everyone!

Replies

• stroynaya
    stroynaya Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Best wishes for your surgery! Keep us updated on how it goes!
  • angelaanhela
    angelaanhela Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!!!! Hope all goes well! Let us know afterward!
  • csmccord
    csmccord Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I know you're already at the hospital, but good luck! Let us know how it goes. The first week is the hardest, just remember, it does get better! You'll get stronger every day.
  • almosttime14
    Options
    Surgery went well. Pain isn't as bad I thought from the surgery itself but more so from the gas. Got up and walked once already, will walk again when i walk my husband to the elevator. Excited to be able to drink some water tomorrow! I have no hunger feeling now and I went into surgery starving lol I'm on the losers bench! So excited for all the changes!
  • dsjsmom23
    dsjsmom23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Surgery went well. Pain isn't as bad I thought from the surgery itself but more so from the gas. Got up and walked once already, will walk again when i walk my husband to the elevator. Excited to be able to drink some water tomorrow! I have no hunger feeling now and I went into surgery starving lol I'm on the losers bench! So excited for all the changes!

Congratulations!!! Glad it went well!!!

Hope your recovery is quick and painless!
  • JenaOnTrack74
    JenaOnTrack74 Posts: 443 Member
    Options

Awesome, get some rest! So happy for you!:drinker:
  • LolaBug85
    LolaBug85 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear it went well!!! You're lucky. I was a hot mess for days after surgery and couldn't even get the strength to get on MFP or even touch my phone lol. Good for you!

Welcome to the new, healthier you!
  • almosttime14
    Options
    Had my Xrays, no leaks! Hello H2O!!! Thanks for all the kind words everyone! I'm feeling good, I know the challenge comes when I'm at home and no great nurse or bariatric team to monitor me closely!
  • stroynaya
    stroynaya Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Glad you are doing so well!

I think the X-rays were the worst part for me. That awful stuff they make you drink to check for leaks! As far as gas, one thing my doctor recommended and that helped was the dissolvable gas-x strips.
  • csmccord
    csmccord Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Had my Xrays, no leaks! Hello H2O!!! Thanks for all the kind words everyone! I'm feeling good, I know the challenge comes when I'm at home and no great nurse or bariatric team to monitor me closely!

Is that barium for the swallow study not the worst thing you've ever had?! You'd think that after like 36 hours without drinking anything that putting any liquid in your mouth would be good. No ma'am not this stuff. Mine was white and went down like you would expect if you drank a few sticks of caulk.
  • minibandit
    Options
    This is all good news, I wish you well for the rest of your recovery, you loser!! :wink:
  • almosttime14
    Options

Is that barium for the swallow study not the worst thing you've ever had?! You'd think that after like 36 hours without drinking anything that putting any liquid in your mouth would be good. No ma'am not this stuff. Mine was white and went down like you would expect if you drank a few sticks of caulk.

It was definitely the worst. ... I thought they'd make it somewhat enjoyable since I literally had nothing for 36 hours lol I'd say that and this drain are the worst part of it all. Finally started protein and all the stuff with some flavor....never thought I'd enjoy crystal light or a protein shake until today! Lol