Nitrean
    Stronger, faster, healthier
    About Time
    Optimum Nutrition Gold

I was using:
    Vega Sport (got sick of it)
    Jay Robb
    Tera's Whey

I bought some Optimum Nutrition, but then realized it had splenda in it after the fact, so i'm trying to sell it and will try a different one instead.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to add a small update on my personal protein choice.

I recently switched to this http://www.cytosport.com/products/100-whey/?tab=technical because a diet-hopping friend of mine bought it for herself, but then she decided to try a cleanse administered by the "staff nutritionist" at her chiropractor's office. She didn't want to waste it (even though the expiration date is forever away), so she gave it to me. I've been using it for about a week because I'm too lazy/cheap to go buy more Dymatize Iso 100. Each serving is about 30 calories more, but I expect that since it has about 1-2 grams more of all three macros. It mixes easily with water or milk; though, I prefer it with water because the chocolate flavor is deeper and it's considerably more convenient.

When I compare this to my previous powders, I would say the highlights are: 1) if you have a membership, this is conveniently located at CostCo for a very economical price considering the servings in one bag, 2) nutrition levels and taste are within an acceptable range compared to other similar powders, 3) contains sucralose.

I don't really care about #3 since I believe the majority of the protein powders I've tried contain sucralose, but that particular ingredient was the main reason my friend said she couldn't have it, so...
  • Vmg773
    Vmg773 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I find protein drinks make me constipated....anyone else have this problem? I'd like to use them more, but it's not worth it to me to get backed up.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I find protein drinks make me constipated....anyone else have this problem? I'd like to use them more, but it's not worth it to me to get backed up.

I've never had this problem, so I can't address it personally. Pretty simple/common advice that I've heard: drink more water or find a protein powder that has fiber in it. Alternatively, consider taking a fiber supplement.
  • alissadough84
    alissadough84 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am also trying to eat within 40/30/30. I noticed that protein does make a difference after a work out, I recover a lot better and am not as sore the next day. I really like Progenex... delicious! it's the crack of protein powder, but expensive so I really can't afford it all of the time. I also like the EAS one from Target. I just follow what the recommended servings are, and try to use it after every work out.