Weekend Wrap Up

Options
Julie20fan
Julie20fan Posts: 361 Member
How was everyone's weekend. Let's re-cap what everyone did. Were you spot on with nutrition and workouts or did you slip a little? My weekend was great. Friday nights are classified as my treat meal/snack. I am a baker and absolutely love cheesecake. So, that was my treat. A slice of cheesecake. Was back on track with nutrition and workouts on Saturday.

Let's hear from you. How did it go?

Replies

• claudia799903
    claudia799903 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That's great Julie! Sounds like you had a good weekend. I stayed on track and did my walking this weekend. Had a few Hershey kisses for a treat but otherwise did great. Hope everyone has an awesome week! Happy Monday!
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    That's great Julie! Sounds like you had a good weekend. I stayed on track and did my walking this weekend. Had a few Hershey kisses for a treat but otherwise did great. Hope everyone has an awesome week! Happy Monday!

Claudia~

I enjoy reading your updates. You are so focused and driven and I know you are going to accomplish some great things.
  • sunnybunny1111
    Options
    Hi Julie,

I did pretty well considering it was the weekend. I am at 153 and gained one pound but I think that was ok. My start was 157 in January. Hopefully I will see another pound or 2 go away this week. My night is Saturday night to eat pizza with the family. I will post my weight on Friday to see if my increased exercise and nutrition this week help with that. Sorry at work and writing quickly. Thanks Julie.

Dorise (sunnybunny)
  • sunnybunny1111
    Options
    One more thing. I think I confused the blogs....I challenged myself to lose 5 ibs this month. So I will do it here! Have a good one
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Hi Julie,

I did pretty well considering it was the weekend. I am at 153 and gained one pound but I think that was ok. My start was 157 in January. Hopefully I will see another pound or 2 go away this week. My night is Saturday night to eat pizza with the family. I will post my weight on Friday to see if my increased exercise and nutrition this week help with that. Sorry at work and writing quickly. Thanks Julie.

Dorise (sunnybunny)

Your body will typically fluctuate a pound here or there. That one pound will come off with no problem. Good to hear you had a nice weekend. You have plenty of time to lose that 5 pounds you want this month. You are doing great. Keep up the good work.
  • claudia799903
    claudia799903 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Julie- Thanks for all the encouragement!!!!!
  • mallen40
    mallen40 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    my weekend started off good but I slipped on Sunday. I am trying not to be hard on myself, (which I tend to be harder on me than anyone else could be) and not let it get me down. Woke up today ready for a fresh start and doing good considering how my morning began. :smile:
    I weigh myself tomorrow and we will see what damage my slip up on Sunday did. Not feeling too good about........
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    my weekend started off good but I slipped on Sunday. I am trying not to be hard on myself, (which I tend to be harder on me than anyone else could be) and not let it get me down. Woke up today ready for a fresh start and doing good considering how my morning began. :smile:
    I weigh myself tomorrow and we will see what damage my slip up on Sunday did. Not feeling too good about........

Try not to be so hard on yourself. We all slip up and that is ok. It is what we do after that matters. Chalk it up to a bad day and move on. Make today a better day.
  • graceisfree
    graceisfree Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I wasn't that great this weekend as usual but hope to get back on track
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    I wasn't that great this weekend as usual but hope to get back on track

What do you mean that it was not a great weekend? What went wrong?
  • mallen40
    mallen40 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I did good today and made good choices. I have noticed since I have been eating better that when I eat junk I feel horrible afterwards. I told a friend of mine I had a "food hangover" :laugh:

Try not to be so hard on yourself. We all slip up and that is ok. It is what we do after that matters. Chalk it up to a bad day and move on. Make today a better day.
    [/quote]
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    I did good today and made good choices. I have noticed since I have been eating better that when I eat junk I feel horrible afterwards. I told a friend of mine I had a "food hangover" :laugh:

[/quote]

See, you did it. Yes, you are absolutely right about the food hangover. When it is my day to have a cheat meal or treat I still find it hard to do because I know how I will feel the next day. Keep up the great work.
  • graceisfree
    Options
    I cook a lot during the weekends so I always tend to over eat. I'm trying to fight it seriously but its not being easy at all. I'm hoping this coming weekend will be different
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    I cook a lot during the weekends so I always tend to over eat. I'm trying to fight it seriously but its not being easy at all. I'm hoping this coming weekend will be different

If you have a free day during the week or even on the weekend. Try doing some meal prep. Cut up your veggies and cook them ahead of time. Same goes for ground chicken and turkey, cook up a big thing of brown rice or quinoa. This way a few of the items you are going to have for dinner are already made. Consider grabbing a piece of fruit or some veggies to snack on throughout the day. Also, many times people think they are hungry and what their body is really asking for is water. It's possible you might be dehydrated and you need to drink some water. Try these tips and see if they will help.
  • graceisfree
    Options
    Thanks for the tips. I will give it a try