Turbo Fire - You're not tired!

Options
bunnylion
bunnylion Posts: 265 Member
The topic for all those having a go at the Turbo Fire program.

I started to play around with the workout three weeks ago - and by 'play around' I mean sweating like a pig but not keeping to the suggested schedule.

I want to start doing the program as scheduled. Who's with me?

Let's get fired up!

Replies

• bunnylion
    Options
    As I am procrastinating my workout, I entertained myself with a fun calculation: How much fat do I theroretically lose from doing one month of Turbo Fire.

The first month has:
    710 minutes of intense cardio = 6594 kcal
    170 minutes of strength training = 677 kcal
    160 minutes of stretching = 531 kcal
    Totals 7802 kcal! That equals about 2.5 lbs of pure fat! And of course you'll burn even more calories with all the extra muscle, you build. Also, I used the lower end calories because I prefer to underestimate my workouts rather than overestimating them.
  • bunnylion
    Options
    Yesterday I did find the motivation to do Fire 55 EZ but then ruined it all in evening at a birthday party with alcohol and binge eating. I really need to conquer food. It's my biggest obstacle :-(

Today I did Core 20 for the first time and didn't like very much. I have no strength therefore I hate all strength training.

And then I ate a whole bag of pistachios which comes with 1200 calories. Once again I sabotaged myself. Getting ready to do Fire 30 to burn off some of all those calories.
  • anabet88
    anabet88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bunnylion, it is hard when b-day parties and weekends get in the way--I know we were at a football party today. I've been giving myself a free nite a week. I look forward to it whether its pizza or chinese and always wine:)

I wouldn't start out with core work they are hard and you will be working your core doing the punches and kicks in her aerobic class. Just put in the dvd and try as Chalene says any effort is better than none.

You can do it!!! :smile:
  • bunnylion
    Options
    Thank you for your encouraging words :) I have been doing Turbo Fire for over three weeks and I feel already stronger, so I had hopes of being ready for the core workout... But maybe that will have to wait for another couple of weeks. I feel, even though the Fire workout are all cardio that they also involve a lot of muscle as well. Do you know if those workouts are enough to start building up some muscle? I really want to get stronger, but I'm so out of shape, I have to get some basic fitness level before I dare to think about real strength exercises... And I really have to get those binge nights under control. Usually I'm not that bad with food but at the moment I have some extra stress that just pushes me over the edge.
  • professoraclaire
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm starting the 5-day inferno plan today. I tried to follow some classes and it's really hard! Still learning the moves. I love kickboxing so I got those moves but when you put them all together...
    I did P90x for 7 days in December and had to stop it and I'm going to try TurboFire for now. Going to do Fire 55 EZ class later today.
    My diet is getting ideal, I stopped drinking milk for two weeks now (and I was addicted to milk my whole life) and I'm trying to avoid anything with wheat, whole or refined. Let's see what happens.
    My goal is learn all Chalene moves and find a healthy nutrition plan and, of course, try to stick with the plan and not have junk food for at least one month.
    Good luck to us!
  • bunnylion
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm starting the 5-day inferno plan today. I tried to follow some classes and it's really hard! Still learning the moves. I love kickboxing so I got those moves but when you put them all together...
    I did P90x for 7 days in December and had to stop it and I'm going to try TurboFire for now. Going to do Fire 55 EZ class later today.
    My diet is getting ideal, I stopped drinking milk for two weeks now (and I was addicted to milk my whole life) and I'm trying to avoid anything with wheat, whole or refined. Let's see what happens.
    My goal is learn all Chalene moves and find a healthy nutrition plan and, of course, try to stick with the plan and not have junk food for at least one month.
    Good luck to us!

I'm sure you will have great results from the Inferno Plan! Getting all the moves down can take a while but once you know them it is super fun. Do you have the new edition of Turbo Fire with the Fire Starter class? If not, it is free online and helped me a lot with the basic moves. Here is the link: http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/turbofire-fire-starter-class-video.do

Why did you have to stop P90x after only 7 days?

Best of luck to you!
  • PinkGemini612
    PinkGemini612 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    When are you going to start following program fully? I still want to hit the gym a fees a week, but on the weekends and a few days during the week I want to do TF.

I did Fire45 and Stretch 10 yesterday and burned 460 calories and I'm sore! That's motivating me!
  • professoraclaire
    Options
    Bunnylion, I have the Get Fired Up DVD + 09 DVD's with the whole thing + 06 bonus DVD's.
    I still not able to go through a whole DVD without cheating on some moves, but I'll get there ;-)
    I think if you use some weight gloves during the TF it will help to build some muscle. But get lean and be able to breath through the whole work out is more important, you'll get strength slowly and healthier with the TF and good food.
    About the P90x, after I finished the first week, my schedule at work changed, and I was not finding a good time during the day to do it. Then I thought I should try something a little lighter. I intend to go back to P90x some time this year.
    I have the Insanity also (a friend gave it to me) but haven't tried yet.
    I lack motivation sometimes, but I've been learning a lot about exercises and food lately and I'm more than ready to start 100%.
    We can do it!
  • bunnylion
    Options
    When are you going to start following program fully? I still want to hit the gym a fees a week, but on the weekends and a few days during the week I want to do TF.

I did Fire45 and Stretch 10 yesterday and burned 460 calories and I'm sore! That's motivating me!

I am now doing the program fully but I still don't stick with the schedule and rearrange workouts to fit my needs depending on what my schedule allows.

Yesterday was my break day because I was went to the Circus! It was really amazing, beautiful and strange enough also motivating. One day I'll be able to do a backflip as well. Lol
  • bunnylion
    Options
    Bunnylion, I have the Get Fired Up DVD + 09 DVD's with the whole thing + 06 bonus DVD's.
    I still not able to go through a whole DVD without cheating on some moves, but I'll get there ;-)
    I think if you use some weight gloves during the TF it will help to build some muscle. But get lean and be able to breath through the whole work out is more important, you'll get strength slowly and healthier with the TF and good food.
    About the P90x, after I finished the first week, my schedule at work changed, and I was not finding a good time during the day to do it. Then I thought I should try something a little lighter. I intend to go back to P90x some time this year.
    I have the Insanity also (a friend gave it to me) but haven't tried yet.
    I lack motivation sometimes, but I've been learning a lot about exercises and food lately and I'm more than ready to start 100%.
    We can do it!

The Get Fired Up thing is just some explanation though. The Fire Starter Class is a workout that explains the moves better than the 'normal' workouts and the choreography is simpler. Did you check out the link I posted?

There seem to be two versions of Turbo Fire. They made a new edition including the Fire Starter Class and some other changes after too many complained about not being able to keep up. I still have the old version and I am happy about it. As the Fire Starter is available online for free, this way I get more workouts in total ;-)

After I complete Turbo Fire, I want to try something more strength oriented. But I have not decided yet. P90X, CLX or something that's not from beach body like Jillian Michael's Body Revolution. I think, the important thing always is to decide for a prgram and then stick to it...
  • adkuhn09
    Options
    I might be crazy but I think I see a little difference. Even if there isn't it still got me excited ha. The left is day 1 the right is day 16. I have now lost 11 lbs since day 1 though!

http://i.imgur.com/oH3pVZG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/LLgtWyU.jpg

I am trying to post pics but I don't think it is working out.
  • bunnylion
    Options
    I might be crazy but I think I see a little difference. Even if there isn't it still got me excited ha. The left is day 1 the right is day 16. I have now lost 11 lbs since day 1 though!

http://i.imgur.com/oH3pVZG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/LLgtWyU.jpg

I am trying to post pics but I don't think it is working out.

11lbs in 16 days!! WOW! That is amazing. You can be very proud. I also think from the side your tummy looks a little flatter :flowerforyou: But it all varies from day to day, so I guess after just two weeks you just can't really be sure.
    I'm also imagining that my jeans are less tight, though I didn't lose any weight... Wishful thinking maybe... But as long as it keeps me motivated to stick to the schedule, I'll take it :happy:

For posting pictures you can use photobucket, tinypic or similar.
    Here is a detailed tutorial:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1041112-need-help-adding-pictures-look-here-tutorial-with-pics
  • ash_37
    ash_37 Posts: 35
    Options
    Hi turbo fans,
    I want to lose 28 ibs in 12 weeks by doing the turbo fire workouts. How much can a person lose on average a weekly/monthly?
  • ash_37
    Options
    That is woncerful. So how much did u lose by the end of the course?
  • bunnylion
    Options
    Hi turbo fans,
    I want to lose 28 lbs in 12 weeks by doing the turbo fire workouts. How much can a person lose on average a weekly/monthly?

28 lbs in 12 weeks is a lot. It's not impossible, but it is hard. As a healthy guideline you should try to lose no more than 2 lbs per week... How easy it is to lose weight is very different for each person and also depends on how many pounds they have to lose. I can lose 2 lbs a week only when I exercise a lot and additionally also eat only what I should.

Good luck with the program!
  • adkuhn09
    Options
    Ok so I fell off the wagon for last 2 week since I moved from Colorado to New Orleans and started my new job but I didn't gain any weight back so thats good. I decided to get back on track today though with the Fire 30. Does anybody know how many calories they normally burn doing a fire 30 class? I think my cheap HRM watch from Walmart is wrong. There is no way I only burned 40 calories when it said my HR was at 120.
  • ash_37
    Options
    I am confused about the nutrition for this programme. I undersyand I have to eat a lot of protein but how much exactly? Does anyone have the stats for the nutrition guide? And also is it true that a person can only lose weight in this programme if they eat a lot of protein. What if I eat too much and dont lose anyweight if anything i gain. I wouldnt know what im doing wrong. Anybody have tips and suggestions on yhis?
  • adkuhn09
    Options
    I have just been trying to stay around 1600 calories a day. I normally eat 5 times a day, breakfast, lunch, and dinner with 2 snacks and I have been losing weight.