I liked my BMF account to MFP but now I want it UN-Linked!

Options
SewSweets
SewSweets Posts: 26 Member
Ok so I got my new BMF in the mail. I connected the accounts through the BMF website - looked at how that worked and decided to disconnect them. I clicked the button to unlink and all seemed to be working fine. That was yesterday. Today I wanted to get on and log the rest of my food from yesterday and it it is staying my accounts are still linked. But I don't see any signs of that on my end. BMF website will no longer let me enter any food. Very frustrated :P Anyone know how I can double check all of this and get my account unlinked?

Replies

• SewSweets
    Options
    Ok so - I relinked them since I could not get it to unlink properly for some reason. I guess I don't mind entering here vs there. I just would prefer to do everything in one place. Oh well!

Anyone know how often MFP sends your food data over to BMF? Is it every time you enter? Is it at the end of the day when you click that you have logged your meals?
  • sfdf40
    sfdf40 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Option C!.. It doesn't sync your food every time you log, but it does it more often than just at nite.
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Did you check Settings>> Preferences? What is the Logging Mode set to?
  • SewSweets
    Options
    It's ok - really the MFP food database is pretty enormous compared to BMF so it might actually be less work if I do it this way anyway. So far having them linked up seems to be working great. Looks like there is about a 5 minute lag or so with the data coming over but really that's not terrible.
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I find entering the food here at MFP and letting it upload to BM is the best thing - Its the whole reason I joined MFP is because of the ease of creating my own receipes here and entering food which includes the scanning of bar codes - awesome quick way to load calories on the fly from my phone. It seems to update the BM page just about as fast as I do it.
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Yes to the 5 minute lag.
    But other than that, not an issue at all. And even that is not much of an issue, as I only care what it says at the end of the day.
  • SewSweets
    Options
    I find entering the food here at MFP and letting it upload to BM is the best thing - Its the whole reason I joined MFP is because of the ease of creating my own receipes here and entering food which includes the scanning of bar codes - awesome quick way to load calories on the fly from my phone. It seems to update the BM page just about as fast as I do it.

Yep now that I have given it a few days I really like adding the food here. The library is pretty extensive! Makes things easy - and I do love the bar code scanner.