Donna's Personal Progress Thread

Options
donnaleighh
donnaleighh Posts: 178 Member
Good idea ... I'm going to make one ... as it will be so much easier to keep track of myself.

I'm Donna and I live on the beach south of Adelaide for about 50% of my time and work in Asia for the rest ... so you will find me dropping in and out as we go along depending on whether or not I have Internet ...

I turned 50 on January 19th this year with a fabulous party of friends and family from all over the world coming to spend a week with me here at home. I feel very privileged to be surrounded with such incredible people and so much love!

When at home I row, cycle, walk my wonder dog and am a member of Genesis gym where I do Pump, mixed cardio and free weights. When on the road, I do whatever i can can depending on the circumstance ... hotel gym, hotel room circuits, videos, long walks or runs.

Name: Donna
Sex: F
Height: 169
Starting Weight: 77.5
Starting Date: 22
Goal Weight: 72 (by end of challenge)

Starting Measurements:
Bicep: 25
Chest: 90/107
Waist: 90/102
Hips: 99
Thigh: 51

Starting Body Fat % (if known): 39.7
Goal Body Fat %: 35

Personal goal (written as an affirmation): Be the change!

“Before” photo (optional): Not sure how to do this right now :explode:

Replies

• donnaleighh
    Options
    END OF WK 1: 27.1.14 (did only half a week due to late start!)

Challenge Starting Weight: 77.5
    Goal Weight: 72

Today's Weight: 76.9
    Weight loss this week: 600g

Today's Measurements:
    Chest: 90/107
    Waist: 90/102
    Hips: 99
    Thigh: 51

Starting Body Fat % (if known): 39.7Goal Body Fat %: 39.6

What goals did you kick this week? Got back in to gym after having 10 days off with people here from all over the world - felt so good!

How do you feel? Great but less fit than I did 3 weeks ago!

List 3 things you are grateful for? Being alive, my incredible friends and family who travelled so far to celebrate my birthday with me, laughter!

What are you going to improve on next week? Since I had a few weeks off I aim to get to the gym more often this week including back to pump.
  • donnaleighh
    Options
    END OF WK 2: 27.1.14

So here's a great example of why we take measurements ... this week I ate -5000 cal which should have set me up for over a .5k loss - but I weigh +100g on last week. HOWEVER, I have had over 1cm loss all round and my body fat is -1%. So in fact I AM HAPPY!!

On sly looks I have been seeing my weight fluctuate within a 1.5kg range all week - it has been so hot however and I am drinking SO much water so suspect it can be fluid or else fluid retention on account of increase exercise since I am back at the gym - lets see what next week brings :)

Today's Weight: 77.0
    Last week weight 76.9
    Weight loss this week: +100g

Today's Measurements:
    Chest: 89/106
    Waist: 89/101
    Hips: 98
    Thigh: 50

Goal Body Fat %: 36
    Body fat this week: 38

What goals did you kick this week? Lots of rowing!!

How do you feel? Great!!!

List 3 things you are grateful for? Being alive, having my daughter with me for the month, sunshine!

What are you going to improve on next week? Some weight training of some form before I head off on my next field trip!
  • donnaleighh
    Options
    Hi Groovers,

Well I am in Sri Lanka for the next 2.5 weeks for work, so while I weighed just before I left, I won’t be able to provide any accurate weigh in, only measurements and goals til I get home. Still, I’m keeping at it and that’s the main thing!!

So here’s what happened this week, or part thereof!!

Today's Weight: 76.8
    Last week weight 77
    Weight loss this week: -200g (weigh in on Friday before I flew out and won't have my scale til I get back in 3 weeks)

Today's Measurements:
    Bicep: 25 = same
    Chest: 89/106 = same
    Waist: 89/101 = same
    Hips: 97 = -1cm :)
    Thigh: 50 = same

Body fat this week: 38

What goals did you kick this week? Got back to Body Pump and also did some weight training.

How do you feel? Jet lagged (I’m writing this at 3am!!) but great!

List 3 things you are grateful for? Being alive, having the best job in the work that takes me to so incredible places, being able to eat Sri Lankan curry and string hoppers for breakfast for the next 2.5 weeks ☺

What are you going to improve on next week? I’ll be in remote areas from tomorrow onwards, so no gym, a lot of driving around and little control over food choices. SO … keeping logging, doing 30 mins a day of some form of exercise in my room, in lieu of the gym, and trying to keep my step count up as best I can is about as good as it gets. Lack of access to wine should give me a head start too! ☺
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Great work Donna!! I'm always so impressed that you keep everything steady despite all your travel. Hotel workouts aren't the most inspiring, but there you are, working away and still managing to get in some additional exercise.

Stay safe and enjoy the food :)
  • DeeBee042
    DeeBee042 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Great job!! :)
  • donnaleighh
    Options
    Hi Groovers,

Oops double posted - so cutting this one out since I can't delete! :)
  • donnaleighh
    Options
    Hi Groovers,

I’m still in Sri Lanka and spent the last week on the road in the war affected areas, so no ability to weigh in until I get home in 2 weeks. Not a lot of chance to exercise in the field, but got a few walks in and bit of floor stuff done in the hotel room as time allowed, watched what I ate as much as I could but Sri Lankan food is the bomb and very carb heavy!!

Today's Weight: no scale – no idea
    Last week weight 77
    Weight loss this week: - no idea til I get to a scale in 2 weeks.

Today's Measurements:
    Chest: 88/106 = -1/same ☺
    Waist: 88/100 = -1/-1 ☺
    Hips: 97 = same

Body fat this week: don’t know – no scale

What goals did you kick this week? Was out in the field so not a lot of opportunity to exercise but got a weight sesh in before I left and a couple of long walks while in the field, and a floor session at the hotel.

How do you feel? Blessed and inspired – love my work!! ☺

List 3 things you are grateful for? Being alive, having the best job in the work that takes me to so incredible places, being able to eat Sri Lankan curry for breakfast for the next 1.5 weeks ☺

What are you going to improve on next week? Back in Colombo now for the next 10 days or so which means I have access to the hotel gym – so intend to make sure I get in a session each day – and a long walk on rest days.

Have a great week everyone!! ☺
  • donnaleighh
    Options
    Hi Groovers,

Still in Lanka staying at fancy hotel in the city and so had a bit more control this week, and at least able to get to the gym everyday or out for long walks. I tend to go hard on the cardio when I am away and in hotels, basically to keep up my steps, maintain fitness while travelling, and burn off steam from being locked in meetings for most of the day. I feel like this works for me to do this for some weeks when away, and I am feeling quite a bit leaner this week, so it will be fun to see what the scale says when I get back home. Happy that my measurements have dropped a bit, as they don’t always in the tropics on account of the water retention.

Today's Weight: no scale – no idea
    Last week weight 77
    Weight loss this week: - no idea til I get to a scale next week

Today's Measurements:
    Chest: 95/88/106 = -1/same/same☺
    Waist: 88/99 = same/-1 ☺

Body fat this week: don’t know – no scale

What goals did you kick this week? Did an hour minimum at the gym every day this week and twice on some days – and managed about 125,000 steps – now no 45 on the fitbit league!

How do you feel? Happy – had a great few weeks, looking forward to going home tomorrow! ☺

List 3 things you are grateful for? Being alive, having the best job in the work that takes me to so incredible places and having a great place to go home to!☺

What are you going to improve on next week? Keep on track during the journey home – make sure that I get back into a good gym routine when I get home.

Have a great week everyone – I can’t wait to weigh in next Monday and see if my efforts have paid off!! ☺
  • donnaleighh
    Options
    So for me, I just plain aren't logging this week ...

3 weeks away in Sri Lanka where I have been eating about about 4-5k deficit calories every week, plus working my guts out in the gym (albeit cardio), recording weekly losses according to the tape measure and I weigh in at 500g more than I did when I left! I was expecting about 1.5 - 2 kg loss on the scale.

I know its water retention due to a range of factors that are largely occupational hazards inn my line of work:

1. Long haul flights - fluid usually retains for about a week after I fly
    2. Tropical heat
    3. Doxycycline - there is some evidence this also causes fluid retention - and still have to take that for another week or so.
    4. Got pretty sunburned at Soundwave - side effect of the Doxy and another cause for fluid retention.

These factors around water retention post travel are clearer given that this morning when I took a sneak peak, I am down 300g from yesterday - so hopefully it is abating.

On the sharp side, despite the scale, I'm looking way leaner! Had to go out and buy new bras when I got home a size smaller!! Everyone commenting!! Go figure... so lets see what next week brings :)
  • donnaleighh
    Options
    Hello lovelies,

So spend most of the week in Canberra at meetings and then my bestie swung down from Sydney and we spent 2 days having our own Hedonist Festival - tonnes of good food and way too much wine! Expected a gain so I guess I should not be disappointed with not particularly moving anywhere this week.

Today's Weight: – 77.3
    Last week weight 77.5
    Weight loss this week: - 200

Today's Measurements:
    Chest: 95/88/106 = same/same/same☺
    Waist: 87/99 = -1/same :)

Body fat this week: don’t know – 39.8

What goals did you kick this week? Biggest step day this week was 35 200 dancing myself senseless to Greenday and at Soundwave!

How do you feel? Content

List 3 things you are grateful for? Friends who drop everything to come and play for a day or two whenever I am within a few hours drive! Being privileged enough to be able to eat good food and a gym membership to burn it off!!

What are you going to improve on next week? I feel like I have been on a plateau (it may still be fluid retention from travelling etc) so I need to try and crack that - I have worked hard on cardio of late but think my body is getting too accustomed so I now I am home I will start back with some form of weight training again and mix it up a little more - hopefully that may give me a kick.

Have a great week everyone ☺
  • donnaleighh
    Options
    Hello lovelies,

Back home this week - had a couple of big party nights but managed a loss which makes me happy

Today's Weight: – 76.9
    Last week weight 77.4
    Weight loss this week: - 500 - 1/2kg

Today's Measurements: Not taking em this week - maybe next week ...

Body fat this week: 39%

What goals did you kick this week?Did some big step days - averaging about 18,000 a day now and also did my first RPM class and got back to Pump after travelling for over a month.

How do you feel? Great

List 3 things you are grateful for? Breathing, rest, family

What are you going to improve on next week? Keep kicking the plateau - think I have found the mix again and looking forward to a big loss next week!!

• donnaleighh
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone!!

Today's Weight: – 76.2
    Last week weight 76.9
    Weight loss this week: - 700 - 3/4kg

Today's Measurements:
    Chest: 94/85/105 = -1/-2/-1
    Waist: 86/99 = -1/same
    Hips: 96 = -1
    Thigh: 49 = -1

Body fat this week: 39%

What goals did you kick this week? Been working on maintaining 15,000 - 18000 steps per day, managed a Pump and RPM class on top of my usual gym sessions (about 5 a week).

How do you feel? Like I'm winning! This is the biggest loss I have had in a while and have clearly moved off my plateau (or maybe its just that I am at home and have control over my diet again - field trips can create havoc!)

List 3 things you are grateful for? The sun pushing through and trying to fight off winter, being home for a while, calm!

What are you going to improve on next week? Keep kicking the plateau - think I have found the mix again and it would be nice to see another nice loss like this next week! Do some more classes to mix it up!

• donnaleighh
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone!!

Today's Weight: – 76.4
    Last week weight 76.2
    Weight loss this week: - 200g

Today's Measurements:
    Chest: 94/85/105 = same
    Waist: 85/97 = -1/-2
    Hips: 96 = same
    Thigh: 49 = same

Body fat this week: 37.9% -1.1%

So the scale tells me I am up 200g which is a surprise but I really am not concerned as what has happened this week is my body fat percentage took a big dive as did my waist measurements (which is where I really need to spot of the weight the most) so I'm thinking that that 200g may simply account for a little more muscle mass since I am now back at Pump as few times a week (and the salty Indian and Thai food I have been eating in the last few days).

What goals did you kick this week? Been working on maintaining 15,000 - 20000 steps per day, got in several RPM and pump classes on top of my usual gym sessions.

How do you feel? Great! I entered the Fitbit league and looks like I will be in the top 20 of the C league so will get promoted to the B league. Most exciting is that I am currently number 134 in the world on the Fitbit League!! So that feels great!!

List 3 things you are grateful for? Only 3?

What are you going to improve on next week? Wanna see a loss but hey, if that body fat percentage starts coming down along with the cm's then I am happy!