Too much dairy for Dukan Attack phase ?

Options
Hi everyone ! I'm currently in the attack phase of the Dukan diet and am finding that Fat free cottage cheese is literally saving my life everyday. I mix it with cinnamon and Splenda and have an amazing treat. However, a lot of blogs and sites have conflicting ideas about consuming too much non-fat dairy in this stage because it causes you to eat too many carbs.

Would a more seasoned Dukan dieter or anyone with a better idea take a look at my Food Journal from today (2/10/14) and let me know if I'm on the right track ?

Thanks !

Replies

• vaidajurgaityte
    vaidajurgaityte Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Officially Dr Dukan recommends not more than 700 gr of dairy a day ( or maybe a wee bit less, can not remember exactly)

In my case, it caused me bloating and weight loose plateau. Of course, it is an individual thing. I have a slight lactose intolerance, so consuming cow´s milk had slowed down my digestion. This might have been a reason for loosing slowly. See how you feel, but do not exceed a day´s limit.
  • globegirl08
    globegirl08 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Without dairy I would not have had a successful attack phase....it actually helps many on the whole. My book says no more than 1kg per day but including all my recipes I was more about 3-400 a day.

Cottage cheese....just discovered it sweet....love love love it ! Make sure it's reduced fat or fat free where possible. Don't worry a out the carbs, there are carbs in everything and this is not a Keto diet where you scientifically have to balance your carbs.

Add me as a friend and will be happy to help you. I am on cruise with cheats but I dont cheat everyday.......I have another 3-5 kg (6-11 lbs) to lose. I am gave myself an original target but want to see how my body looks after 3kg.....I am not obsessed with scales, I do look rather fit and toned already.....my belly just is the last place ALWAYS to shift!

Weigh yourself at the same time before food in the morning but don't become obsessed as we can easily fluctuate. I weighed myself once at the end of attack and then weekly on cruise (same day). . I person.ly don't believe in daily weigh ins , they can demotivate and cause you to o er think the diet. Oh and around your period I would avoid the scales or not if you want to see how your body easily retains water :)))

Good luck
  • whoknowsame
    Options
    Thanks so much !!