Trying to meet new like minded people

Options
Hello, my name is Allen. I've been using MFP for a while but only recently started adding friends and see how it can be beneficial. Just curious to see if anyone has similar goals and would be willing to add me for support.

Starting Weight: 190
Current Weight: 182

My goal isn't so much weight as body fat %. I'd like to be 10 - 15% , I'm currently 20 - 25%. I also want to build muscle, so ideally my scale weight would go up once my % is a bit lower. Currently I'm doing a full body weight training program, I recently hurt my back but am going to start lifting again today (02-11-2014).

Replies

• crammar
    crammar Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Allen, I'm much the same. Been using MFP for just on 12 months. Dropped from 107kg Down to 77kg in 10 months. Keeps me motivated and on track. Weight training (bodybuilding). 5 x week. Currently sitting around 17% BF and want to get under 10% to see what I can really achieve. I have a six pack at the age of 52 - first time in my life. I'm wrapped !
  • joewalker79
    Options
    Whats up all. My name is Joe and I recently started lifting. I am currently 180 lbs and trying to get in shape. I am somewhere around the ballpark of 25% body fat. I'd like to get down to 12% as a goal. I'm not really trying to lose the weight though, just get stronger and cut.
  • rustypep
    rustypep Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am in a similar boat. My name is Rusty. I lost 37 pounds and am currently 227 lbs and 29% body fat with 7 inches lost from my waist. Started at just over 40%. Re-started on a five day split this week plus two HIIT classes so six days a week total. I am 40 years old and started lifting for the first time last May. My primary goal is to get to 15% body fat which leaves me another 41-43 lbs or so to lose. Strongest I have ever been and getting stronger each week.