Loved and Hated! Favorite and most hated exercise?

Options
merisaOct3
merisaOct3 Posts: 197 Member
Question of the day to encourage and commiserate!
What's your favorite JM exercise? What's your most hated?

For me, I love Flying Statute of Liberty, Pigeon Bicep Curls, Stork, pretty much anything that involves balancing and another strength move. I also like anything with a curtsy.

I *hate* Reverse Plank with Leg Raises, Running Man, and of course, burpees. But ... I know I'm seeing improvement with these!

What do you do to get you through the ones you hate? I admit, I will sometimes modify or step down the intensity to get me through the ones that I struggle with.

Replies

• cactuswax
    cactuswax Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Plank ups from Phase 1 wk 3 are killing me right now... hatttee theemm... I mumble at her all the way through them.

My favorite is definitely punching it out with 5lb weights in my hands - it CRANKS your abs, it's hard but not defeating and I really feel like I'm doing something that'll get results.

Who knows what phase two holds...!
  • clarebailey355
    clarebailey355 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm terrible at anything that involves any sort of balancing - I end up falling all over the place so quite often have to put my foot down to balance.
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the side burpee. I FREAKING love those!!!! I don't know that I have a 'move' that I hated, but workout 9 was the workout that I despised! lol
  • merisaOct3
    Options
    The side burpees are evil! hahah! Workout 9 is rough, but I just cannot stand Cardio 3. It is painful.
  • merisaOct3
    Options
    My favorite is definitely punching it out with 5lb weights in my hands - it CRANKS your abs, it's hard but not defeating and I really feel like I'm doing something that'll get results.

Yeah, punching with weights feels great. I love how you put it - "hard but not defeating" - that's perfect.
  • morty1966
    morty1966 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Side burpees? OMG
  • clarebailey355
    clarebailey355 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Uggh, I'd forgotten about the side burpees! I have those to look forward to in the next few weeks.

I basically hate all of Workout 5 - I hate the warm-up, the mountain climbers, the shoulder press with the cable... can't wait to be done with it tomorrow for a second time.

i realised I actually quite like fast-feet this morning, but probably only because they always end up laughing through it!
  • morty1966
    morty1966 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Crab dips are awful. That whole last circuit in WO 5 is so hard, it leaves my arms screaming. It is working though, my arms are more toned so I guess I can forgive her.